Kriggel23

TB 9.1.6.0 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5, Apple iMac 27".

TheBrain is currently not used, want to say, no query, no edit, no anything.
Process "TheBrain" is currently running for quite some time with over 100% CPU...?!

Kriggel23

jperegrino
possibly related.  I was running 9.0.264 on MacOS 10.13.5 and noticed how it was burning through my laptop battery as the top energy consumer.  I've moved to 9.1.6.0 and that hasn't changed.  This makes it difficult to use TB as a note-taking tool unless plugged into power.
-- Mac Brain user since v1.x 8,678 thoughts and counting!
mcaton
Thank you for reporting.  We'd like to take a log at your output.log files.  Can you please replicate this issue and send the output.log file into support@thebrain.com? To locate the file, open TheBrain and click on Help > Open Log Directory.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
We believe that this issue was fixed in 9.1.7. Please let us know if you can verify.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
9.1.10 - still there, currently: 103,3 % CPU. No error log.
Harlan
It is normal for CPU to be high during animation. What does the CPU reading say when TheBrain is not the active window and is not doing anything in the background (syncing etc)?

Also, what are you using to check the CPU? Activity monitor?

Please make sure to wait at least 1 minute after leaving TheBrain in the background before checking the CPU usage.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
TB9 had been in background for appr. 15 minutes, before CPU usage of this process rose.
No error log
Yap, check via Activity Monitor.
I'm not using sync at all.
Harlan
You said "TB9 had been in background for appr. 15 minutes, before CPU usage of this process rose."

1. Does that mean that TB9 was not using a lot of CPU for 15 minutes and was not being used at all and then the CPU usage went up spontaneously?
2. Did it go back down or was it stuck there until you restarted it?
3. Can you replicate this or was it an unusual occurrence?
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
1. right
2. I supposed some sort of indexing, and kept TB9 open, and untouched. The next morning it was fine again.
3. No, I can't, because I do not see any cause or reason. No bulk operation, no massive data change from my side. [Now, on 9.1.11, I was happy to see "only" appr. 50 % CPU.]
Harlan
CPU going up in the background is not normal, especially if you do not have any syncs happening. Not sure what could be causing that.

On my MacBook, with TB 9.1 in the background, it hovers around 5%. Are you saying that it is running at 50% on your machine?
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Not all the time. After startup, it's busy for some time, but that's ok. Than, being in the background, it dozes with very low CPU usage in the background. And after, well, 10 to 15 minutes, without any visible reason (e.g. activation, rearrangement), the CPU usage rises. 9.1.10 used over 100%, 9.1.11 appr. 50%.
I will have an eye on that, and in case it happens again, I will send you a process analysis...

Regards,
Christian
Harlan
Ok, thanks for letting us know.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
TB 9.1.14: currently running at 105%. Not obvious why.
Harlan
Do you happen to have a lot of Brain tabs open?
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
There are permanent four Brain tabs open, with four different brains of mine.

Three of those brains are big ones:
81500 thoughts / 171000 links / 34000 notes / 38200 internal files / 12 external files / 1200 Web Links;
30000 thoughts / 70000 links / 20700 notes / 26600 internal files / 6 external files / 47 Web Links;
13000 thoughts / 34000 links / 1000 notes / 3300 internal files / 4400 external files / 75 Web Links;
5600 thoughts / 12000 links / 2400 notes / 1400 internal files / 12 external files / 850 Web Links

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software