pshanks
I have a couple of brain's that don't seem to complete the "Rebuild Search Index".

The rebuild does it's stuff and look like it completes normally, but if I go back into the "Rebuild Search Index" I get the message box (figure 1) that says "The search index for this Brain appears to be missing some elements".

I've attached the output.log from one of these Brain's.

This is the only way that I know if the "Rebuild Search Index" works is when I see (figure 2) "The search index appears to be complete"
Moe
Pat, Thanks for the post. I will check with the engineer that is responsible for the indexing portion of the code then let you know what might be causing your issue.

Best regards,
Moe

dyslucksia
Hi Pat

In the Release Notes for v5.5.1.7, Harlan said:

Quote: Fixed: Indexing of information does not always occur

I don't know if he was referring to the Rebuild Search Index bug, but it's quite possible.

I haven't used 5.5.1.7 long enough to test this, but did notice a very similar problem in 5.5.1.6, so will keep an eye out for it. I guess you've probably already seen these threads:
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3754217
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3667458
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3643719
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
pshanks
Hey Dys,

I've had challenges with the Rebuild Search Index for awhile now and have reported in various threads. But not all my brains.

That has been an issues through the PB 5.5.x releases

I have even done the run under compatibility tab -> Under Privilege Level check "Run this program as an administrator"

Hope that they can nail it down. !

dyslucksia
Thanks Pat for the feedback.
dyslucksia
PB v5.5.1.7 update:
It seems as though "Rebuild Search Index" still needs to be fixed. When I re-run it, immediately after running it, I still get the "Search Index is missing some elements" message (even after the "status bar" message has crept offstage) . So either Rebuilding it has a bug that doesn't allow it to complete it, or (more likely), PB falsely displays this message when there is no need to, or could have said something like "Search Index doesn't need rebuilding, but do you still want to go ahead?"
Moe
Pat, the engineers are currently investigating your issue. Your log file indicates that 39 attachments are not getting indexed after a rebuild of the search index. Can you verify that you have read/write access to your PersonalBrain installation folder "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain".

Thanks,
Moe

pshanks
Moe, here is a screen shot of the security permission for "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain" directory. Also I login as an Administrator on this machine.

Another Test using same Brain on another machine

The security permission are the same on this machine as above.

I took this same Brain, created a brainzip and moved it to another Vista machine and tried to run "Rebuild Search Index" on the second machine. The Rebuild doesn't even run on this 2nd machine.

I've attached the output.log from this 2nd machine.

pshanks
Just wondering if anybody else is having this problem?

Dyslucksia, can you confirm if this is still happening for you? Can you test on any smaller Brains.
Quote: PB v5.5.1.7 update:
It seems as though "Rebuild Search Index" still needs to be fixed. When I re-run it, immediately after running it, I still get the "Search Index is missing some elements" message (even after the "status bar" message has crept offstage)

pshanks
@Moe,

The Brainzip has been sent.

dyslucksia
I tried it on my test Brain with 64 Thoughts and 66 links, and it worked correctly. I did not get the "missing some elements" message. However the two warnings are so similar in size and appearance that they need to be checked each time they appear to distinguish between them. I admit I may not have done this in previous posts, so will be extra careful from now on.

See also here.
cosmicv

I am also having this issue. Could the common element involve Windows 7? Thats what I am using and I have already seen a few of my XP programs that didnt like the new permissions and folders.

pshanks
I'm using Visa, not Windows 7.
Not sure if you would call that common

pshanks
@Moe,

This is still happening in PB5518. This still doesn't seem to be resolved as of yet.

Moe
Pat, the issue you experienced is still being looked into by the engineers.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software