marginalist_o

I'm using thebrain 8.0.2.2
My search bar does not bring up any results after typing search keywords in when it should after rebuilding search index a few times now. 

It takes a few minutes to complete a search index build because my brain has 23,000 thoughts.

After completeion, it says 100% complete at the top right, the message goes away, but nothing different happens with the search bar being able to search what keywords I put in.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

mctrexler
Marginalist, I assume this is a new problem?  I have had cases where specific search terms don't turn anything up, but never had a case where nothing popped up at all regardless of the search term, including after rebuilding the index. Same version of the software?  Nothing fundamentally different?    

Mark
marginalist_o

mctrexler wrote:
Marginalist, I assume this is a new problem?  I have had cases where specific search terms don't turn anything up, but never had a case where nothing popped up at all regardless of the search term, including after rebuilding the index. Same version of the software?  Nothing fundamentally different?    

Mark

To be clear, 

typing in a term usually brings up a suggestion box of thoughts in the brain above the search box and that is where I am expecting results. If I hit "search", however, I do get results in another window. The dedicated window of search results show thought names and below that in another area of the window lists thoughts with contents containing the search term. So it is the suggestion search which seems not to be indexed. 

Is this your problem?

marginalist_o
Matt helped me resolve my problem. What I did was "Rebuild Instant Activation Index" in the file>utilities menu.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software