vicanto
TB 7.0.3.2
I try to rebuilt search index.
Process stop after 27%.
I wait 7 hours and process still is 27%.
I closed TB some times and try again but process stop every time when it is 27%.
When I reopen my brain a message tell me to complete the index process but if I click OK process still remain 27%

I can't send brainzip because in it there are confidential informations Click image for larger version - Name: rebuilt_search_index.png, Views: 230, Size: 3.80 KB
pthompson
Please send us an output.log at support.thebrain.com so we can try to find out what may be causing this.

How to obtain your output.log file if you are using Windows 7 or Vista:

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, right click the TheBrain icon in your start menu then select "Run as administrator", this will enable TheBrain to run as administrator for one session. Next, reproduce the problem then forward us a copy of your output.log file which can be found in the "Program Files\TheBrain" folder on your system.

How to obtain a copy of your output.log file if you are using Windows XP:

Simply run PersonalBrain then reproduce the problem. Next, close down PersonalBrain. You can find the output.log file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder.

How to obtain your output.log file if you are using a Mac:

If you go to PersonalBrain in the Applications Directory and select SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS in the Finder window, you can find the output.log file in the Contents > Resources > App folder.

How to obtain your output.log file on a Linux machine:

You will find your output.log file in your installation folder, the same folder which contains the file PersonalBrain.jar. You can use the locate command from the command line to find the output.log file, below I have listed the command.
locate output.log

Regards,
vicanto
I send output.log but support tell me that my OS windows 8 is not supported.
I do not think that the issue is into windows 8 because I had run in compatibily mode like windows xp and windows 7 and the issue is the same.
pthompson
vicanto,

It is true that we do not support Windows 8. Even if you are attempting via Compatibility Mode, there is no guarantee this will work correctly. Windows 8 is not an officially released operating system and our engineers are still in the process of testing in this environment.

Regards,
vicanto

Output.log in windows 7.

The issue is the same.

tmcconnell

I am having the same issue. My reindexing stops after 1%. I have tried deleting the brain and downloading the brainzip from webbrain but I still get the same problem. 

I have now deleted the webbrain and I will upload the brain from my desktop to see whether that will solve the problem. Here is my output log.

tmcconnell

Reinstalling from the webbrain brainzip didn't help. The reindexing stops at 22 thoughts of 4,026 on my laptop/tablet PC running Vista Home Premium. No problem when I  do a reindex of the identical brain on my desktop running XP.

I've reinstalled 7.0.3.2 but it makes no difference. Any suggestions?

tmcconnell

This time I created a brainzip on my desktop, including index, and transferred it directly to my tablet PC without going through webbrain. This time there was no problem when I rebuilt the search index.

This sounds like a problem with webbrain.

pthompson
Thank you for the update and additional information. Our engineers are currently looking into this issue. I will post an update as soon as we have some more information available from them.

Regards,
vicanto
I do not use webbrain for my brain. I do not upload brain to cloud. The issue is on my pc
pthompson
vicanto,

Can you attempt the method described above by tmcconnell? 

Create a BrainZip (File > Create BrainZip) on your desktop, including the index. Open the BrainZip and save it to a new location on your machine. Attempt the (Rebuild Search Index) again. Are you having the same issue after this?

Regards,
vicanto
tmcconnell and Patrick THANK
the tip and trick fixed the issue

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software