metta
(1) Recurring Note Bug
I understand TB engineers are currently working on the recurring bugs in the notes editor in the Windows version of TB9, and many of the previous problems with notes completely disappearing and then reappearing (or not) seem to have diminished.

However, this evening I ran into an issue that has been recurring ever since I initially installed v9 last fall:
-- When I change the active thought, the notes do not reflect this change.
-- I have to close and restart v9 in order for the notes to track properly with active thought changes.

(2) Attachment Bug
I have an ongoing and recurring problem with deleted file attachments and deleted shortcut attachments mysteriously reappearing after syncing, and after closing/reopening v9.

This also occurs quite frequently, not just on a few rare occasions.

Background
-- Both bugs occurred on my Win7 PC desktop installation, although I've observed both issues on my Win7 laptop installation, as well.
-- My current output log from my PC is attached in case it might shed in any light on either of these issues.
-- There are no error logs associated with either of these 2 bugs.

Thanks,
Metta
metta
One more note bug this evening that has been recurring frequently/randomly, and that resolves when I close and reopen V9:
-- The note menu doesn't activate, but I can still add unformatted text into the empty notes field.
-- When i close and reopen TB, the menu displays normally, and any unformatted text I added into the empty notes field is completely lost.

I trust this bug has already been documented, but I've attached my (newer?) Output log, just in case it would be helpful.
metta
Matt, is there a chance the newest (alpha) version of v9 will resolve ALL of the bugs mentioned here?

(Apologies in advance if this was already addressed elsewhere in another notes/bug discussion.)
metta
FYI, this evening I opted to switch to the Alpha channel in the hope of resolving the aforementioned issues. Will let you know if any of them recur.
mcaton
Metta,

Yes, please keep us posted.  The latest release of 9.0.147 SHOULD resolve the missing notes as you have described.

With regard to the deleted file attachments showing up after a sync.  Do you think you could replicate this process and record your screen, or replicate on a web meeting together? Please, let me know and I'll set something up.

Thank you,
Matt
dhaney
I have 9.0.147, and I'm still seeing these issues that have been reported by others:
  • notes disappearing temporarily requiring restart of TB
  • cursor jumping to top of notes
  • black flashing square (seems to happen only on second monitor)

It seems to be more stable if I fully expand the notes area with the little arrow, though that may be my imagination. I also wonder about the blue question mark that occasionally appears as a thought icon (reported in another thread)

And I will reiterate a request for pen input capability in the notes area (odd that it works in the search box, but not where one would actually want to write)

All that said, this is still the best product out there for organizing one's work and life.

Windows 10, Surface Pro 4.
mcaton
Thank you David, we appreciate the feedback/update.  We're still unable to replicate the "temporary disappearance" issues in the latest build - I'll keep looking into this issue.

Also, a new solution for the jumping cursor will hopefully be available soon.

Thanks,
Matt
dhaney
mcaton wrote: Thank you David, we appreciate the feedback/update.  We're still unable to replicate the "temporary disappearance" issues in the latest build - I'll keep looking into this issue.

Also, a new solution for the jumping cursor will hopefully be available soon.

Thanks,
Matt

Here is a screenshot--you can see that the thought "Banks" has the yellow tag indicating notes, but the notes area is blank. The notes reappeared after activating another thought and then returning to this one. Version 9.0.147.0, Windows 10, Surface Pro 4.
Brain snip.PNG 
mcaton
David,

Thank you for sharing.  We've kept this issue open and will be continuing to research.

Thanks
Matt
metta
@Matt, I'll do my best to let you know if these issues continue.

Unfortunately, both bugs are so unpredictable, I'm not sure either could be reproduced on demand in a web meeting. Also, a recent death in the family (suicide) has limited my time for testing and bug reporting, so I'll have to get back with you on this at a later date if the issue persists.
mcaton
Metta,

Recent updates to the notes area seems to have remedied our jumping cursor and disappearing notes issues.  Yes, please let us know about any issues you may see moving forward.

Also, sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of family - I wish you well.

Matt
metta
Thank you, Matt. Your good wishes and ongoing support are always appreciated. [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software