Lunieth
If I upgrade to v227 I cannot access Brain 9 
Clicking on the shortcut or the icon in the Brain 9 folder you can briefly see some activity in the task manager, but the Brain fails to start.

I have reverted to v226 which runs OK

Windows 10 on Dell inspiron Laptop
Harlan
Please try 9.0.228 and let us know if it helps. Thanks. (Starting with 9.0.227, there is a major change in the embedded browser for Windows, which fixes multiple problems but since it is a large change, there have been a few unexpected issues.) 
Regards,
-Harlan
Lunieth
Hi Harlan
Just checked 9.0.228, same result, does not start. As for 227 there is a brief (2-5 seconds) show of Brain9 activity in Windows task manager but then disappears and the Brain does not open

reverted back to .226 which thankfully does continue to work

Jonathan
Harlan
Hi Jonathan,

Would you mind sending a message to support@thebrain.com with a description of what's happening to you along with the Output.log file generated right after you start .228? (See Help > Open Log Directory) We'd like to track down what is going wrong for you but it might take a little back and forth. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Cancel that. We found a machine that we have direct access to that is experiencing the same problem so we probably won't need your help. Thanks anyway.
Regards,
-Harlan
Lunieth
Good to know that you have been able to replicate.  I have already sent details anyway
Harlan
Thanks Jonathan.

We have fixed this issue with 9.0.229, which is now available on the Alpha channel. Please let us know in case for some reason it does not work for you.
Regards,
-Harlan
Lunieth
Able to run 9.0.229
advisors
I faced the same problem with 228.

Works with 229.

PS: Still not able to update with user only access (admin required).
I let you guess how easy it is to solve this kind of problem when you don't (officially) have admin access ...
mcaton
Thanks for the updates and glad to hear that 9.0.229 is working for you.

Matt
ikel
You guys do bug fixes amazingly fast. Kudos.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software