yuryg
I was looking for finding some icons to use for different categories such as you have in your documentation.  Would it be possible to release those icons or even for other people to post icons that they found useful to use for thoughts.

Such as People Icons, Family Icons, To-Do Icons, etc

Adathome

yuryg wrote:
I was looking for finding some icons to use for different categories such as you have in your documentation.  Would it be possible to release those icons or even for other people to post icons that they found useful to use for thoughts.

Such as People Icons, Family Icons, To-Do Icons, etc

There are a lot of sites with free icons google around..
http://www.iconarchive.com/index.php

http://www.iconarchive.com/category/folder-icons.html

Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
Harlan
Version 4073 also ships with some icons included inside the res/tango-icons folder. The above mentioned site has many, many icons also.
Regards,
-Harlan
yuryg
Thank you Harlan,

I can get Icons from lots of sites, but what you provided in /res was perfect.

The one thing to remember is that if you are developing this program to be used by computer professionals then looking at this site or that site and getting icons from here and there works.

If you are developing this program to be used by computer beginners then including the icons that you use in tutorial is important. Because the first time someone tells them to go to the web go to find an icon then they will stop using the program because it is just a bit too complicated for them. Using my wife as an example.... she will use Google Mail just fine before from a windows system and now from a mac.  But when I told her to set up entourage to download her mail to the mac by going to google help, the response was...   maybe at a later time, the browser is fine for now.

So if you are developing the product for everyone, you have to make it easy for everyone to "get started". Which means including some icons for basic functionality, and if they really get in to it, they can go on the web and find others.

Tommy
Harlan wrote:
Version 4073 also ships with some icons included inside the res/tango-icons folder. The above mentioned site has many, many icons also.

I have installed 4073 (using .exe) over 4071 and the res/tango-icons folder was not created.  I downloaded the .zip version of PB 4073, extracted the tango-icons folder and copied files to the PersonalBrain folder.  It seems to have a bug with the installation package.

Also, with 4071...  I have created a BrainZip file, put it on my usb key, and open the BrainZip file on my other computer (4071 too), and the icons associated with thoughts that I had created during the day were not available when I opened my brain (after extracting BrainZip file).  It seems that the new icons were not saved correctly inside the BrainZip file.  I did not test with 4073 to see if the bug still occurs...

Harlan
The BrainZip should include your icons. How did you attach them? If you pasted them as Thought icons, they will be inside the Brain folder. If they are links to external files, the BrainZip will not include them.
Regards,
-Harlan
Tommy
For individual thoughts, the icons are presents after I open the BrainZip.  The problem seems to be with icons associated with types.  I have used the 'paste thought icon' feature.  For example, I have defined a type 'person' and an icon is associated with this type.  For individual thoughts (some of type 'person'), for which I have pasted an icon, this icon is present after opening it on my other computer (open Brainzip).  For each thought associated with the type 'person' and that don't have individual icon, no icon is displayed. With 4073, the problem is still there...

Hope this will help to solve the problem...

Thanks,

Tommy

Harlan
Thanks for pointing this out. It was fixed in the 4075 release.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software