mbaas
When an attachment points to a URL, it is possible to rename that attachment and it would affect the 1st column in the attachment-list, the name.
When the attachment is a file, renaming will also change the filename. I would prefer it that, too, would only change the "display-name", so to speak, without affecting the "true" filename.

zenrain
I would agree if the file was just a shortcut pointing to the actual location. However, if the file is within the PersonalBrain folder, I would prefer the existing behavior.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mbaas
Yeah, I had not thought about that - I think you are right, this should be applied to external files only.
Harlan
Due to the way files are handled, their names are their names, we don't store extra metadata such as "display name" like we do for URLs.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software