Andy_S

Is there a way to open existing brain that wasn't specifically exported/archived?

TheBrain app crashed as I've tried to upload a local brain, now it appears that the app cannot see that existing brain. The folder for the brain in users\Brains still exist, I still can see brain.db, brain.meta files and folders containing my notes inside. Is it possible to recover the brain from this state?

Thanks in advance!

metta
@Andy_S

You may want to wait for someone from TheBrain team to confirm this, but I think the fix that Brigitte described here will do the trick:
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/how-to-delete-a-greyed-out-broken-brain-9891575

My understanding is that renaming this file is not risky, and it often sets things right when TB can't find/access an existing brain.

Can anyone here else confirm?
shatcher
Hi Andy,

Resetting the MetaDB file should bring back your Brain, and is not risky. Just make sure to login after renaming the file.

-Quit TheBrain
-Open a file explorer
Windows:
-Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TheBrain\MetaDB
Mac:
-Click on Go > Go to
-Type ~/.TheBrain/v9/MetaDB

-Rename the file there to TheBrainMeta.db.old
-Restart TheBrain
-Login again

metta
Thanks for confirming, Sean.

Hope this helps, Andy! 🙂

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software