zenrain
If I run a normal report filter based on a type, and then click on a tag to show all tagged thoughts with that report filter, it should show all the thought types below that tag.

Currently it only shows the tag with an x through it. Since tags are another categorization method and not a thought (per se), they should be exempt from the filter rules and display all tagged thoughts with that type.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
*Cough*

Just re-visibility-ing this.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mcaton
Zen,

I see what you mean.  It took me some time to wrap my head around this one. 

I'm entering this as a feature request.  You'll notice that if you are able to navigate to a parent thought that is being filtered (make it a pin before turning on the filter) you will also see that the thought has no links or connections... even if it is the parent of a thought that is NOT currently being filtered out.  Thought Tags have the same behavior, but I understand the reasoning for the Tag Thoughts to be an exception to the rule.

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Great, thanks for looking at it Matt.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
danlandrum
Sorry for only being able to add a me too, but well, me too please.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
dyslucksia
Me three.

There are other design changes I'd like to see made to Reports Filters, as in this thread:
http://thebrain.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3712220

They could be made a lot more intuitive and user-friendly. Hopefully improvements will be made in future releases.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software