sibleyd
I found the previous report for orphan thoughts and parentless thoughts useful at finding errors in the brain

I also found reports for thoughts with attchments of various kinds useful.

Cerebrum

Duplicate post deleted.

Cerebrum

Reports are available in TB9 from the View menu -> Report. There are options for Orphan, Parentless and Attachments.
A lot of mouse travel from the menu to the reports section and back to the menu to close reports, but you can assign a keyboard shortcut in Options/Preferences/Keyboard/Report.

zenrain
There's a handy new report for Duplicate Names (I use this periodically) and the attachment report also now allows you to filter by attachment name or extension (rather than having to go through a long list you can just type .xslx).
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.222
Cerebrum
zenrain, I hadn't noticed the option to specify an extension for attachments. Thanks.
And good point about Duplicate Names. It would be nice to be able to Forget/Delete a thought from the list.
sibleyd
Thanks. I hadn't noticed all the report options most specifically the options revealed by the first drop down.

I notice the new "Paths to Trim." That sure would have been useful in v8 as part of the import problem I described in a separate post.

I think the Report feature is well designed.

I am pleased with v9. I like the timeline.

My main immediate wish list is "preview" for more file types particularly msg and eml.

Another long term wish would be built in OCR so search will work even if the file is not a text file and has not been OCRed.  I would like this to work much like EverNote works. I think tight integration with EverNote would be good.

I know these things have been mentioned before.
zenrain
Quote: Another long term wish would be built in OCR so search will work even if the file is not a text file and has not been OCRed.  I would like this to work much like EverNote works. I think tight integration with EverNote would be good. 

+1 Currently doing this in DevonThink, but would be very useful if added to TheBrain at some point in the future.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.222
mcaton
Thanks for posting. The built in OCR is a documented feature request and will be considered in the future.

Thank you,
Matt
lunatrix
From my memory, when I first started using TB9 there was a third button to the right of the search bar that allowed the reporting pane to be opened. Did that disappear for some reason? To me it is useful as an alternative to the view menu or remembering keyboard shortcut.
Cerebrum
lunatrix, your memory is correct, there was a button for Reports at the far right but it seems that having this button made the interface overwhelmingly cluttered and it had to be removed when "Reports" was added to the View menu.
I think that it's better to have an icon in the same area as the function that I'm accessing, rather than increase mouse travel and the number of clicks.
pthompson
You can also create a Keyboard shortcut to activate Reports for even less mouse travel. I use CTRL+⌘+R, for example.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software