yuryg
Export works great. It would be nice if Templates can be used for export.

If you have a predefined syntax for the information, then the information housed in The Brain can fit inside a Template form along with changes using the style sheet. (Example taken from Zope syntax - http://www.zope.org)

It would be something like

<BrainMenu> - For Brain Menu
<BrainNote> - For Notes
<BrainAttachment> - For attachment

and something like that.

That way the brain can be used to export in to a formatted page without having to go to each of the pages to reformat.

Harlan

If you take a look inside the PersonalBrain/res/export folder, you will see that this approach is indeed used now. Editing of these files is not for the faint of heart however and we can't provide support for this but.... Back up your export folder first and experiment if you like - it's not that hard to figure out.

Regards,
-Harlan
yuryg
Thank you!

Will play with this!
LSelock
Could we get a list of the variable names used in ExportTemplate.xml, ContentTemplate.html, etc.

I'm particularly interested in the ThoughtType and LinkType.  I've tried the obvious, but haven't hit the magic words yet.

Thanks!

Harlan
All of the variables are generally in the format -Name-

Unfortunately, you won't find info for thought type and link type - that information is not currently exported in these formats.
Regards,
-Harlan
LSelock
Could we please add something like ThoughtTypeName and LinkTypeName to the export functionality.

I think it would prompt development of some interesting XSL style sheets.  One could even imagine them being used as CSS class names, which opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities in the html.

Thanks!

Harlan

Yes, these features will be added to the export in a future version.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software