Mudhenn
Hello.

I would like to use the Google Calendar Sync as a free feature without beeing forced to sync my brains with you servers. Is that possible?

I have bought the ProVersion and can not understand why I have to pay for that service. Also I don't trust your (or anybodys, for that matter) servers with my brains and would not use that feature even if I payed 15$ a month.

I can understand that you don't want to give it to everybody, so make it pro-only, no problem, but 15$ a month to sync my calendar is a bit too much for my taste.

Maybe you can think of an alternative payment-model and sell things like this as plug-ins with one-time-payments, I think that could work. I personally could imagine me paying for things like an OwnCloud-Sync-Plugin or an Calender-Sync-Plugin, as long as it's one-time and reasonable priced.
Woodlander
I am using and have paid for Brain 9 Version: 9.0.226.0  and wish to use as a desk top application only. I bought it on the understanding that, as advertised, Google Calendar Sync would be available. Until now I believed that I have not found it on my system because it is still under development.

It may  be the case that Google Sync  is not available because, as always intended, I am using The Brain merely as a desk top version.

If it is now unavailable to me unless I pay a regular annual fee then I will feel I that The Brain 9  online feature information has been misleading me and in UK  we have consumer rights which I think would apply in this case -  perhaps even my credit card people would take action

I would be grateful if this matter could be clarified
Mudhenn
To be fair, if you look on the page about the pro-feature (https://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/pro-features) you will find nothing promised about syncing in any way and it is also said in the overview that the pro-version as "Licence Only" comes without any Cloud-Services or updates after version 9.0 (with the 0 explicitly noted).
Woodlander
I certainly don't wish to be unfair to The Brain team. I have benefited from their enthusiasm and their prompt support of this Forum and of my personal emails sent on to them. I wish them success in their rewrite. Nevertheless I think it is quite reasonable to expect that sync of events with Google Calendar is part of Brain 9 Pro both in the  licensed version and the continuing subscription version. In expectation of this feature I changed from a One Drive Calendar to Google Calendar a couple of months ago.

Then look at 'Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade to TheBrain Pro'.

This contains the sentence 'Also includes reminders and sync of events with Google Calendar'

I think it is quite rational to conclude that the 'sync' of Google Calendar to is something different to the 'sync' of individual Brains in the Cloud which is the topic of a tutorial.

When I was eventually able to find a way of purchasing a licensed version I was told to buy what seemed to be the Combo version and told not to renew for a second year.  In doing this the features of Brain 9 would still be available as a desktop version which, as I say, could be reasonably assumed to include Google Calendar but could not be expected to include anything associated with the Cloud.
mcaton
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and feecback on accessibility of Google Calendar Sync in TheBrain. We'll certainly review our list of what features will be available in each version of TheBrain. Also, thank you John for bringing the mentioning of sync on our 'Why Go Pro" page to our attention.  We'll be sure to clarify this on the page. All Full Context Sync services are currently a feature of TheBrain Pro Combo.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
Sorry for any confusion around this feature. We initially believed that we would have completed it much sooner or we would never have announced it until much later. We have updated the web site to make it clear that services are required in order to enable Google Calendar sync.

In any case, the feature is now fully operational but is dependent on interaction with our servers and the normal sync process. When you sync your Brain, it syncs to our servers and our servers then sync with the Google servers. This is why sync services are required and it is not feasible for us to make the Google sync work separately.

I totally understand why this may be disappointing for some. If you are unhappy with your purchase for this reason, please contact us via phone, chat, or email and we will issue you a refund and cancel your purchase.
Regards,
-Harlan
Beastro
Where can I setup the google sync feature? I am on the 1 month trial version and would like to give it a try.
Thanks
Berthold/Spain
Win10/TB9
ruudhein
Top right, click on your image/account. Then on Manage External Accounts.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.1.6.0
mcaton
A new video tutorial also available at  https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#Timeline-and-Events

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software