shinyplastic
Hi All,

Running Windows 7 (SP1) 64, and I can't get it to install. 

Downloaded twice (to check corrupted .exe), as soon as I run I end up with 3 'TheBrain 9.0.72.0 Installer.exe *32' processes (all about 112 KB) but no action after 10 mins, can't kill the processes (except via reboot).  Running as admin, with Avast 10.4 with OL closed (but TB 8 was also running).

And thoughts?

Brain.png 

Cheers,
Harlan
With TheBrain 9, there is no need to close Outlook. It also does not matter if TheBrain 8 is running as 9 will install to a separate location. Try disabling Avast before you run the installer. 
Regards,
-Harlan
shinyplastic
Hi Harlan,

Good call, never had a problem with a Brain install and Avast before??  Updates to Avast 11.1 same problem, disabled and it worked so you were right! [smile]

But Avast is not very happy, never seen a deep scan on the messages below before, but after 2 shutdowns / opens Brain 0 seems to be working, thanks!

Avast1.png 

Avast 2.png
mcaton
We're hearing about some mixed results on with Avast.  Mark Trexler had some similar issues and mentioned them here:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/get-thebrain-9-first-look-preview-7841007?pid=1290205533

Glad to hear that you are up and running!  Enjoy your Brain!

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software