Kriggel23
Could you PLEASE add ASAP the long-desired function, that the layout, and setting of a brain is restored on re-open?

Sample: after start of TB, and as well after open an existing brain?

In details (but not complete...):
The brain(s) open when TB10 was closed are not opened on start of TB10.
A brain re-opened in TB10 gets a vertical 50:50 orientation, notes to the right, regardless, how it was set on close.

Currently, I use to restart TB10 quite often, and it's a bit ... annoying, to adjust layout, open brains each time.

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for posting. If you close and reopen TheBrain application, you should still be seeing the same tabs and configurations (plex orientation/scale/etc.) as they existed previously.  If you close a Brain tab, however, you'll be starting with the 'default' settings (50/50 and side by side).

I assume you are requesting that the settings be saved, even when the tab is closed - correct?

Thanks,
Matt
Kriggel23
On start of TB10 I first get an upgrade offer (?!), and than TB10 shows me the list of my brains - whether there was a brain open, when I closed TB10 before, or not. So, no single tab is restored on re-open of TB10.

If I than open the brain (that one which was open when I closed TB10), it is opened with default settings, e.g. orientation, and layout.

Kriggel23
Harlan
That shouldn’t be the case... is the behavior different for you compared to 9.1?
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
The behavior is indeed different between 9.1.15 and 10.0.6: TB9 reopens and restores the brains open on exit; TB10 does not.

btw.: the issue regarding the upgrade offer is cleared - on that very computer I'm using just right now, neither TB9 nor TB10 were activated. I just activated both, but the issue described above still remains.

Kriggel23
Harlan
Ok thanks for letting us know. That’s a bit mysterious since v9 and v10 should be the same in that regard. We’ll have to investigate it. 
Regards,
-Harlan
ratthing
Harlan wrote:
Ok thanks for letting us know. That’s a bit mysterious since v9 and v10 should be the same in that regard. We’ll have to investigate it. 

Harlan, FYI I am seeing the exact same thing:  When I restart my v10, it opens up with the "Brains" tab and my list of brains, even if  I have closed it with brains open.  When I do open a brain, it does manage to open up where I left off. 
mcaton
Thanks for posting. May seem like a silly question, but what is your process for closing TheBrain?

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Ditto. I close TheBrain (macOS, I just quit the app) and when I re-open it doesn't have any of my tabs open. Just opens at the Brains list.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
ruudhein
I have 2 brains open all the time, and the reopen after closing TB the way they should.

I'm on Windows, so maybe this is a Mac issue?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.48.0
ratthing
mcaton wrote:
Thanks for posting. May seem like a silly question, but what is your process for closing TheBrain?

Thank you,
Matt

Usually I will Command+Tab over to my open The Brain application, the do a Command-Q
mcaton
Thank you for the additional info.  I quickly replicated this on my macOS with Command-Q and verified that v9 remembered/displayed the previously open settings with the same process. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Documented for review.

Matt
Harlan
I think this is likely fixed in the next build as I can no longer replicate. (10.0.7, not out yet)
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Just tested in 10.0.11. No change, still an open issue.

After re-start of TB (after Cmd-Q), no brain is opened, especially none of those being open when TB was stopped before;
if I manually open a brain after start, it get's the default settings.

Christian
Kriggel23
Just tested in 10.0.20. I love it! When TB is restarted, the brains being open when TB was stopped are reopened, and the layout is set to that when TB was stopped. Yep!

But: you gave me an inch, and I will take an ell.

What about the second part? Close a brain (File > Close Tab), reopen it (File > New Tab): here, I do still find the old default-layout ...?

Christian

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software