rene_z

Hi,

I am finding new useful features every day... lately I have discovered the "directed link" feature which allows me to indicate a direction for a link.

However, under certain circumstances the rendering of the feature can be quite "miss-leading" --> see attached screen shot 1.

Even if I do get rid of the label the arrow is still "miss-leading" --> see screen shot 2.

Extending the distance between any two thoughts improves the situation a little bit --> see screen shot 3.

Question: Why is the link between two thoughts closely situated together rendered with this "loop" sort of link instead of a simple short arc?

Suggestions:

• Render links between closely situated thoughts as an arc (instead of a loop)
  • In case of very short arcs display the label "next to" instead of "on" the link/arc. à see screen shot 4
All of this is just a minor issue but if anybody is working on the rendering engine it might be worth considering…

BR,
René
Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 1.png, Views: 63, Size: 169.29 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 2.png, Views: 63, Size: 166.16 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 3.png, Views: 63, Size: 181.58 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 4.png, Views: 64, Size: 178.12 KB
shatcher
René,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for the screenshots (a picture is worth a thousand words). I have let our development team know about this, and they will look into it and decide what action should be taken.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software