rene_z

Hi,

I am finding new useful features every day... lately I have discovered the "directed link" feature which allows me to indicate a direction for a link.

However, under certain circumstances the rendering of the feature can be quite "miss-leading" --> see attached screen shot 1.

Even if I do get rid of the label the arrow is still "miss-leading" --> see screen shot 2.

Extending the distance between any two thoughts improves the situation a little bit --> see screen shot 3.

Question: Why is the link between two thoughts closely situated together rendered with this "loop" sort of link instead of a simple short arc?

Suggestions:

• Render links between closely situated thoughts as an arc (instead of a loop)
  • In case of very short arcs display the label "next to" instead of "on" the link/arc. à see screen shot 4
All of this is just a minor issue but if anybody is working on the rendering engine it might be worth considering…

BR,
René
Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 1.png, Views: 67, Size: 169.29 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 2.png, Views: 68, Size: 166.16 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 3.png, Views: 67, Size: 181.58 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Screen shot 4.png, Views: 68, Size: 178.12 KB
shatcher
René,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for the screenshots (a picture is worth a thousand words). I have let our development team know about this, and they will look into it and decide what action should be taken.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software