Cerebrum
The current default sort order in the Reports area is by Name.
I often want to view a list of the most recently created/modified thoughts and I have to change the sort order from Name to Date. It would be nice if the Sort order was preserved from one TB9 session to the next.

Also, it should say "Date Modified" rather than just "Date", which could also mean Date Created or Date Activated. There's certainly enough screen space for more text.
mcaton
Thank you for the feature suggestion.  I've documented your requests.

Matt
bmac
A somewhat different take on this suggestion is to offer a journal report of thoughts created/modified listing the date, sorted by date then alpha thought name.

This is especially handy for teams that share a brain to log in and be presented with a list of thoughts since the last time they logged in.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
shatcher
Bill,

There is a log of changes in the desktop app. The clock icon in the top right will show you the latest changes for that Brain. This works well for TeamBrain as it shows who made the changes. Does this help with your request?

Sean
Cerebrum
Sean, the clock icon displays a list of thoughts that is different from what's displayed in the Reports sorted by Date. (I'm not talking about the fact that the log can show multiple instances of the same thought.)

The difference is that the Reports area by Date doesn't display thoughts at the top of the list if the only recent change is to an existing note. It does pick up the recent creation of a note for previously created thought.

Seems to me that modifications to existing notes should affect what's displayed in Reports.
metta
+1 for documentation of note edits in reports
bmac
shatcher wrote:
Bill,

There is a log of changes in the desktop app. The clock icon in the top right will show you the latest changes for that Brain. This works well for TeamBrain as it shows who made the changes. Does this help with your request?

Sean

Thanks Sean -- I was aware of the clock icon and that does work nice for me. However, I don't see that icon when one accesses the brain from the web. I have given access to a small team of people to a brain for a very temporary committee. This is not a team brain. And for these folks, it would be nice to have some type of journal report showing what changes have been made since the last time they checked the committee brain. Is there a way to do that?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
mcaton

Bill,

Thanks for posting.  You are correct.  Reports and recent changes do not show up in the web interface.  We do hope to make the web interface more like the desktop application as TheBrain continues to evolve. I'll verify that this request and the option to view Note edits in reports are both documented.

Thank you,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software