gsbessin
This only started after upgrading to 4.1.3.1..... Following about six hours of PB run time - running in the background, not necessarily using it directly - my Windows XP screen refresh degrades significantly. Repaint only occurs on certain (variable) portions of the screen. If I exit PB (not easy as the menu doesn't typically paint; I have PB set to auto-hide), refresh returns to normal. This has happened consistently, probably four times in a row now -> six hours PB use, refresh degradation, exit of PB stops the problem. (Six hours is an estimate. I never timed the thing but I typically launch PB in the morning and the refresh problem happens in the afternoon.)

I suspected some sort of memory leak but a check of Task Manager before exiting PB didn't show any obvious memory issues - or processor issues for that matter. I do want to note, however, that I'm also always running Lotus Notes 8 and its JVM is a hog. However, I've been using Notes 8 for three or more months now, the majority with earlier releases of PB, and never had the refresh issue until upgrading to PB 4.1.3.1. (I haven't noticed the problem occur with any other particular apps running in parallel either - which for me is typically just Microsoft Office products.)

For what it's worth, Notes appears to be using JRE 1.5.0 while PB uses 1.6.0_03. Also, the brain I typically use has an _brain folder size of 55mb.

Obviously, this is not a showstopper, just an annoyance - so I'm not dead in the water by any means. Still, I thought I would raise this to folks' attention.

-Geoff
Darkstar
It will get worse, if you don't shut down PB, until PB finally just crashes out. After that, everything goes back to being fine, and you can just restart PB--- until it crashes again.

This has always been a problem in PB 4 --- it is just very exaggerated, for some reason, in PB 4.1.3.1. I went back to 4.1.2.8 because of it. (Right now I'm using the new 4.2.0.7 beta.)
-Darkstar
Houston
Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Almost never any focus in new thoughts or in thought renaming, either.  Today it seems fine.  But I didn't use it much today.  One more case of spooky differences in behaviour from one day to the next!  (PB pro 4.1.3.2)
HanBav
I had this problem 2 times when running PB 4207 and 4132 parallel. No obvious memory shortage (pb used 161 MB), processor load 46%. 46% is a high value but does not explain the refresh problem. The second time it was after hours of nobody on the computer and brain was ok when I left. The problem was caused by 4132.
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software