zenrain
Not sure if this was in the latest update, or has always been the case.

When there are a lot of thoughts on the screen, a scrollbar appears. I've been tapping the scrollbar to um, scroll. It's frustrating as the bar is small, and my finger is big. Relatively speaking.

I've just found out you can scroll by swiping the thoughts themselves, rather than trying to use the scrollbar. The scrollbar will adjust based on the position you swipe to.

I may or may not have cackled gleefully on finding this, so I'm sharing in case anyone else has been carefully tapping the scrollbar and wondering why the damn thing is so small.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mnolte
There is room for improvements:
- in a plex, where both scroll bars should appear (scrolling is possible both vertical and horizontal), only one of them is visible; in portrait mode, the horizontal bar is missing while in landscape, the vertical bar does not appear (seen on iPad)
- why scroll bars when a row of dots would be more meaningful: scroll bars imply a smooth scrolling behavior. But there is no smooth scrolling in the plex. It "feels" more like page turning. Therefore I would prefer a row of dots, indicating the number of pages available and the actual position
- yes, swiping thoughts themselves is an improvement vs. sliding bars. But why do I have to aim anything at all? Wouldn't it make sense to tap and swipe anywhere in the plex?
- I would prefere a more reactive behavior. A little swipe of some mm should be sufficient.
zenrain
Good feedback, I think there is always room for improvements.[smile]

From my perspective:

Quote:
Why scroll bars when a row of dots would be more meaningful: scroll bars imply a smooth scrolling behavior. But there is no smooth scrolling in the plex. It "feels" more like page turning. Therefore I would prefer a row of dots, indicating the number of pages available and the actual position

Dragging past the thought area still continues to scroll the thoughts. Because of this I don't think it necessarily corresponds to dots, which would signify going through a subset of thoughts at a time.

I think iOS and OS X has spoiled me for smooth scrolling, but yeah, it's not as responsive and it stands out when compared to other apps.

Quote:
yes, swiping thoughts themselves is an improvement vs. sliding bars. But why do I have to aim anything at all? Wouldn't it make sense to tap and swipe anywhere in the plex?

Just me, but I would find if I tapped somewhere in the plex and thoughts started scrolling I would get confused and would be very careful where I touched to not scroll a list by mistake. The current way, where there is an area to scroll and an indicator that you can do so (the bar) works for me.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
pthompson
Thank you for the feedback. Our engineers are always open to new ideas and suggestions.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software