pshanks
File -> Utilities -> Replace Attachment Locations
Allows search and replace of attachment locations.

I was trying this will a small test brain and you get the warning "The following operation cannot be undone, are you sure you want to proceed?"

Then you get a box with Search for: ___ Replace with: ____
(This is case sensitive)

But it would be great if we could generate a report first to see which attachment locations would be changed! Currently we cannot search for the attachment location in reports.

In my case I create a directory structure as follows with 10 images inside.
(TEST-BEFORE)
/After (Empty)
/Before (10 images)
/Image2/Before (same 10 images)

I then moved the 10 images
(TEST-AFTER)
/After (Moved 10 images here)
/Before (Empty Now)
/Image2/Before (same 10 images as TEST-BEFORE)

Then I do File -> Utilities -> Replace Attachment Locations
Search for: "Before" Replace with: "After"

I get a message - Replaced 20 Occurrences

(TEST-AFTER)
/After (Empty Now)
/Before (Moved 10 images here - The thoughts are updated )
/Image2/Before (same 10 images as TEST-BEFORE - These thoughts are showing the wrong location now)

I only wanted (in this case) to change the first Before directory structure and not the /Image2/Before directory structure.

This could cause a huge problem for a larger brain. Yes I could qualify my naming structure, but I see a big concern for Brain support.

--Pat
Vista PB5.5-b

Moe
Pat, Thanks for your feedback on this feature.

Best regards,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software