Vadych
Is TB able to search for the contents of attachments. For example, inside doc or pdf files
mcaton
Vadych,

Thank you for posting.  Yes, it certainly can. TheBrain on macOS will use Spotlight indexing and on Windows, Windows Desktop Search indexing to find search results inside your internal attachments. TheBrain 10 (currently in development) will also find search results inside external attachments (shortcuts to files connected to Thoughts)

Thanks,
Matt
Vadych
Matt, thanks for the clarification.
For some reason, TB does not find entry into pdf. Windows Desktop Search finds them
mcaton
We recently found and fixed a related issue. Please update to 10.0.14 which contains the fix.

Thank you,
Matt 
kiatlc
mcaton wrote:
We recently found and fixed a related issue. Please update to 10.0.14 which contains the fix.

Thank you,
Matt 

TB10 can search within a pdf linked to a thought?
mcaton
Yes. One of the new features in v10 is the ability to search within linked attachments - rather than just internal attachments as it was in v9.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Running TB10.0.23 on Win7

Just now discovered a search on the name of a linked attachment brings up nothing.

A new help desk ticket will be created, with screenshot and output log.
newguy
One drawback in the search based on Windows indexing has been that it does NOT index as deeply as previous versions of the Brain with its own internal search function. I use many pdf files with attachments within the 'parent' pdf itself. I can search contents of the main pdf without difficulty, but contents of the pdfs attached within the 'parent' pdf do NOT show up in any searches. In v.8, the internal indexing used by the Brain handled this with no problem.

It has severely crippled my use of the Brain as a knowledge base.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software