macmoudgi
Possible the option to exclude "Notes and Attachments" from the Search result exists somewhere. I could not locate it. It will be nice to have an option available to exclude "Notes and Attachments" from search results in some scenarios and have a better search response time. Example below
2017-07-12_19-58-12.png 

Also, it would great to assign a sort order to Thought Types and use that sort order to display the result in the search window.
Example : While looking for word, I may not want any URLs with that word appear on the top of search result but would want the sort order be driven by my priority managed through sort order of thought type.
Harlan
Notes and attachments are always displayed after the other search results and display first. So they do not slow the response of search and are always separated out.

The sort order is prioritized based on where the search term appears within the match, how well it matches and how recently it was used.

If you only want to search a particular thought type, you can so do by selecting all thoughts of that type then searching only the selection. (A second checkbox appears for this purpose when a selection exists).
Regards,
-Harlan
macmoudgi
Thanks Harlan for the prompt response!

Quote: Notes and attachments are always displayed after the other search results and display first. So they do not slow the response of search and are always separated out.

Good to know on how the logic works. I personally and many times get distracted by updates being done to "Notes and Attachments" section while I am trying to review list output for "Thoughts, Links, Labels" and might have turned off results for Notes and Attachments as a default and have them show up in certain cases if I had the option. 

Quote: The sort order is prioritized based on where the search term appears within the match, how well it matches and how recently it was used.

The behavior of sort order seems to driven by algorithm but will be useful in multiple incidences if somehow user can change the behavior of the sort order. 

Quote: If you only want to search a particular thought type, you can so do by selecting all thoughts of that type then searching only the selection. (A second checkbox appears for this purpose when a selection exists).

I was able to do a selection and further saw the checkbox "Selection Only". A good option. Found a better alternative. Activate thoughts by Types using menu option "Open the list of types to select one to activate" and further use the checkbox "Childwards only" while doing the search. From a end-user experience it does have multiple "Clicks" situation vs. being able to configure the behavior of Search functionality. I read the Search functionality is being further developed so if possible please see this as a feedback.

Thanks again!

mcaton
I'll add that if you're only interested in searching by Thought Names or Labels in a very large Brain, you'll have a third Option:

Open your Report (View > Report or via the button next to the search box) and filter by a specific Thought Type (or group of Types) Then use the Search box inside the Report to search through only the relevant Thought Names and Labels.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software