mctrexler
I'm focused on rather enormous Brains for knowledge management purposes, but I'm curious who if anyone out there is selling TheBrain as a service in the sense of "I'll put together a knowledge management system for whatever topic or problem you are grappling with right now," and involving an hour, a day, or a week of time invested.  Anyone doing that?

Mark
GerSch
This is a very interesting topic, selling important content via TheBrain. @mctrexler, do you have any experinece so far?
mctrexler
Only with massive Brains, and we're finding that using TheBrain as a consulting tool rather than an information product is probably the value proposition.  A large Brain is just too complicated for 3rd parties to deal with independently. But what we're also going to try is mini-Brains tied to specific interests, news stories, etc.  Maybe even a subscription where we add to a company's customized Brain on a weekly basis.  But keeping the Brains small and easy to use.  It's still very challenging because the limitations of Webbrain in v.8 are a big problem, and we have no idea what Webbrain in v.9 is going to look like.

Thoughts?
metta
Very interesting, Mark. Despite all of our behind-the-scenes conversations, I didn't full realize you'd come to this conclusion:
...we're finding that using TheBrain as a consulting tool rather than an information product is probably the value proposition.  A large Brain is just too complicated for 3rd parties to deal with independently.

Thanks also for sharing these ideas:
...what we're also going to try is mini-Brains tied to specific interests, news stories, etc.  Maybe even a subscription where we add to a company's customized Brain on a weekly basis.  But keeping the Brains small and easy to use.

I also agree completely with your comments about the V8 and V9 web brains:
It's still very challenging because the limitations of Webbrain in v.8 are a big problem, and we have no idea what Webbrain in v.9 is going to look like.

I'm actually eager to dive in and begin work on a new public V9 project, but not knowing the release date for the V9 web brain (or the features that will be available) means I'll probably have to start in V8 now.....and then hope I can successfully migrate the whole database into V9 at a later date.....

In the meantime, thanks for keeping us all posted on your ambitious work with The Climate Web, Mark. I always follow your work with keen interest.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software