Moltaire
In this video (9:00-10:00) there is a 3D visualization of the different modules inside the brain of this new AI called Viv. While their purpose is very different, the modules have links and sub-modules in a way very much like TheBrain. It also has a search function, and beautiful smooth animation. I also really like how the different modules subtly float around.

Check it out!
pthompson
Moltaire,

I agree that is pretty cool looking. It would be nice to see something like this in TheBrain. I'll be sure to share this with the rest of our team. [smile]
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Spacenexus
Ha, Dag even calls it a brain!

This kind of thing has been around for a while:
TB8021 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 66
IE10 32bit Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Primary Access Win10Pro
64bit Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 Narrowpuddle
Brain user since zygote
mcaton
Yowza. Not sure if that has a simple drag and drop user interface though...

Thanks,
Matt
Moltaire
Yes, I think it's more for visualisation like Wander than for adding data.
Peter93
Yeah, it looks really nice, but I can't imagine how to work with such an interface on a flat screen. Maybe it could work but you'd have a hard time to orientate yourself in 3D-space when you have multiple thoughts with multiple links in front and behind each other, it could get really confusing. Also, other cues would be needed to visualize different relationships between thoughts, like parent, child and jump thoughts (maybe the organizational structure would be too different from the one in TB).

On the other hand it could reveal interesting insights if you see it as a kind of "thought-map". For example, it'd be interesting to see where thoughts form clusters, so where there is high connectivity in your Brain and where you have smaller thought islands.
Spacenexus
Right, it was a concept development for for UI demonstration rather than as an actual knowledge system. My point was that whilst having an immersive sea of information floating in front of you has its uses and looks cool (and TB's expanded view serves that purpose quite nicely), the actual utility for information assimilation or retrieval is limited to specific use cases.

Probably around a decade ago i recall posting a cosmetic feature request to create a range of font sizes within a single plex view to create the equivalent visual effect of a 3D arrangement. Just as we can currently sort by name, date etc, adding this simple effect to the z-axis and also applying the same sort by criteria means we could sort alphabetically on the x-y axis, and use a smooth range of 10 or 20 font sizes to create the effect of sorting by 3D depth for modified date, as an example. An optional refinement could be a simple tapering / expanding of the link size proportional to the delta between active thought and other thought font size (ie perceived depth), but this is just a refinement.

This would be a ridiculously straightforward 3D effect to code (font size as a function of 'arrange by...!). It would also have real value for data visualization within TB.

Jim

TB8021 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 66
IE10 32bit Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Primary Access Win10Pro
64bit Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 Narrowpuddle
Brain user since zygote
mctrexler
Jim, a great idea!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software