smieg
First, congratulations on releasing TheBrain 10 Alpha!  TheBrain is critical to my information based workflows and I am always excited to take advantage of new features.

I do have 2 suggestions related to the Set Selection Context Menu.

Could the Though Type menu be wider.  I have a complex hierarchy of Thought Types and they are currently being truncated.

Also, would it be possible to be able to enable or disable multiple Tags on the Tags menu?  Currently, it gets dismissed after making one change.

Thanks,
Andy
shatcher
Hi Andy,

To make more than one change to the Tags, click the active Thought and open the properties. There you can un/check more than one Tag at a time. The context menu (when you right-click) is a native menu, and does not have a way to stay open for multiple selections.

The Types dialog in the Thought Properties should automatically adjust when there are multiple levels of Types. Does this option allow you to see the full name?

Cheers, Sean
Harlan
As Sean said, multiple selections via the native menu is probably a no-go.

As for the width adjusting, I see the problem you are referring to in Windows. This will be fixed soon.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Another context menu feature request for tags and thought types:
> Currently each list of tags and thought types is centered in the context menu.
> Unfortunately, this center display obfuscates the nested relationships in each list. (Compare with the flush left lists of tags and thought types on the menu bar.)

In light of this, would it be possible to make the context menus for tags and thought types display flush left as well, so the nested relationships can be more easily recognized?
Harlan
They are not supposed to be centered, they are indented to show hierarchy on both Windows and macOS. Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Thanks. 
Regards,
-Harlan
smieg
Thanks Sean and Harlan.  I understand the interface better now and will wait for the the menu width fix in a future version.

Andy
metta
@Harlan ~

Attached are screenshots of the centered display of the type and tag lists in the context menu from one of my test brains (v10.0.6).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Click image for larger version - Name: ContextMenu_Tags.png, Views: 58, Size: 142.73 KB Click image for larger version - Name: ContextMenu_Types.png, Views: 56, Size: 168.63 KB
mcaton
The new 10.0.6 build has the context menu fix for Thought Types and Tags.  Please update and let us know what you think.  Also, Metta, are your Types/Tags still centered in this build?

Thank you,
Matt 
smieg
Hi Matt,

It works great!  Any chance the same could be done the Type list that shows up when changing Type using the Thought properties window?

Thanks,
Andy
Harlan
Glad it is working for you Andy.

Metta, unfortunately, the way it is displaying for you is due to Windows 7.

It should look more like this: (macOS in my case, but similar on Windows 10)

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 1.21.12 PM.png 
Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

Look great in Windows 10. Great work TheBrain team!

2018-08-29_15-54-21.jpg 

TheBrain 10.0.30.0, iOS V9.1.2
Windows 10 (V1809), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.14.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

metta
Yes, Matt -- Still centered in 10.0.6 on Win7.

Thanks for the update and screenshots, Harlan and Pat. Good to know Win10 will (eventually) fix this bug.

In the meantime, thanks so much for adding the visual enhancements to these 2 lists. It is a huge time saver when assigning types and tags from the context menu! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š
mcaton
Thanks Metta!
Harlan
Metta, this should have been fixed in 10.0.11.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Thanks so much, Harlan! Just now confirmed the fix in 10.0.14.

Looks really great, and I appreciate TB team's attention to this helpful visual detail.

😍

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software