Darkstar

I've noticed that when I use auto-hide, The Brain version 7 takes a performance hit everytime I mouse over the blue circle and it appears. Seems to be linked to the number of icons in the view--- the greater number of icons, the faster the degradation of all performance overall. Simply revealing the brain 20 times when I have 30 or more icons in the current view is enought to have it slow down to take several seconds on ANY action, from displaying the thought icons (instead of the default circle or blank square), to responding to keyboard input. Adding a new thought can take up to a minute. Continuing on without closing down means version 7 taking longer and longer to "reveal" (redraw its icons and other items) after being revealed from auto-hide.

After noticing this issue particularly strongly with extended views, I began testing with auto-hide and normal views, and even there its performance can be seen to degrade with each "reveal". Extended view just exaberates the issues in my usage because my extended views tend to have many more thoughts in the plex at a time than normal usage.

-Darkstar
pthompson
Does this issue occur with every Brain and any other machine? Any additional information you can share will help us to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
Darkstar

Yes, it occurs across machines and with different brains. Anytime auto-hide is used, performance degrades.

This degradation of performance is just most noticable when there are a large number of thoughts in the current plex area when the "reveal" happens. As I've said, once I noticed the issue with expanded views, I started testing with normal views and auto-hide and found the performance in that configuration was degrading as well. It simply didn't degrade as fast because I don't normally have as many thoughts visible in the plex when I "reveal" it so it takes more "reveals" for the degradation to reach a point where The Brain 7 becomes so slow to respond that I am forced to shut it down and restart it. Performance jumps back to normal on restarts of The Brain 7 and then slowly degrades with each reveal event when the brain is in auto-hide mode.

-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software