JohnAtl
i was expecting / hoping TheBrain would show up in the share sheet for iOS apps.
Currently to get, say, a URL into a Brain is select all, copy, switch to TheBrain, create a new thought, paste. 

Have I missed something?
John

joshsullivan
If you already have the BrainBox in the actions section of iOS Share Sheet, then yes it is sometimes hard to grab the URL and add it to the BrainBox.

I've created 2 Shortcuts that will enable you to grab the URL either by exposing it to Brainbox, or at the very least by you copying the URL then the Shortcut will expose the clipboard to the Share Sheet with Brainbox available: 

1. This Shortcut gets the URL from the current screen (in other apps) and brings up a share sheet for URLs allowing you to add to the BrainBox from apps you usually can't add to the BrainBox from: Add to BrainBox
2. This Shortcut gets the current clipboard then opens the share sheet with URL access which will allow you to share to the BrainBox: Add Clipboard to BrainBox
TheBrain 10.0.45.0
macOS 10.14.4
Windows 10 1803
JohnAtl
Okay, so the issue might be something more basic.
I don’t see TheBrain, or BrainBox in the iOS Share Sheet.
iPad Pro 10.5”
iOS 12.2 (16E227)
TheBrain (iOS) 10.0.3.1

Hm. Also just noticed Help in the app opens a blank page.
John

joshsullivan
Okay, so in the bottom row of the iOS share sheet (actions) if you scroll all the way to the right and click on More, in that list should be "Add to BrainBox", enable it and you can re-arrange it to appear closer to the beginning of the actions. Here is a screenshot of what it should look like in the More section.

TB-Add_to_BrainBox-Share.jpeg 
TheBrain 10.0.45.0
macOS 10.14.4
Windows 10 1803
JohnAtl
Ah!
Doesn’t show up in the Brave Browser, but does in Safari.
It would be nice to have it in Brave as I like its ad and tracking blocking features. Not sure I can go back to Safari.
Thanks for your help!
John

joshsullivan
For apps it doesn't show up, I use the first Shortcut I listed earlier and it will show up.

Here is a short screencast of what the process looks like to add a page in Brave to Brainbox

Please be aware that at the end when I go into TheBrain app, it is only to show you that it goes into TheBrain and you don't have to do that every time.
TheBrain 10.0.45.0
macOS 10.14.4
Windows 10 1803
JohnAtl
That’s fantastic!
Thanks so much for sharing that shortcut, and holding my hand through using it!
John

joshsullivan
Glad to help.

An aside, I would also like to see BrainBox be available with more datatypes and within more apps on iOS, instead of just URLs.
TheBrain 10.0.45.0
macOS 10.14.4
Windows 10 1803
JohnAtl
Yes!
I've been using the Hook app to make logical connections between files and other assets on my (macOS) system. It would be nice if that functionality was available (somehow) within TheBrain too.
John

mcaton
Integration with more apps is yet to come.  Thank you all for the interest in BrainBox!

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software