danlandrum
I was surprised to learn this weekend that I couldn't share an attachment with other apps. The scenario: I had a solid LTE connection on my iPhone and was able to open a file, in this case an mp3, that is internally attached within my Brain. However, if I moved to other parts of the building in which I was working, I'd lose the signal, and thus access to the file. I expected the simple solution to just be sharing or opening the file in the built in iOS Music app, but no go. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this?

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
Dan,

Currently, there is no way to to share documents outside of TheBrain or view them offline. These are features that we plan on implementing in the future.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
danlandrum
Thanks for the prompt reply, Patrick. If I could, I'd like to make a clear distinction between the two things you mention in your response, off-line vs on-line access. First, it is easy to see why viewing internal attachments off-line could be an insurmountable issue because of the potential size of Brain files, though I hope a flagging option to make specific files available for off-line use is being considered.
The second is much more important imho; when I'm on-line, which is most of the time, normal workflow requires my files to be available for standard iOS sharing actions. It feels like putting them into TB is locking me out of using them (seeing them isn't the same as using them) in iOS.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton
Dan,

Good point and a nice feature request.  I'll make sure to clarify the share/save description in the feature description. 

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software