Kriggel23
The thought details dialog can be opened with alt-return, whereas there is currently by default no shortcut for "Link > Properties".

Of course, I could define one by myself via "TheBrain > Preferences... > Keyboard".

The problem is, that I would like to use alt-return as well for showing the link details dialog. But that's not possible:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-14 um 08.26.40.png  
(btw.: could it be that alt-return for "Show Thought Properties" is hardcoded? It does not appear within the list of keyboard shortcuts...?)

I do not know a state, where there's in TB a choice (...without moving the cursor/changing the selection...) between show-thought-details and show-link-details. In plain words: those two functions exclude each other. Just a small hint: there's either the "Thought" menu item, or the "Link" menu item, and never both at the same time.
By this, is logical and should be possible to assign the very same shortcut (alt-return) to both functions.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-14 um 08.42.21.png 
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-14 um 08.42.44.png 

Another small detail: if I select a link, the menu changes. If the mouse cursor just hovers above a link, it does not. To avoid a "menu flicker" it would be imho sufficient, to wait for e.g. a second before changing the menu.

Christian
mcaton
Christian,

Thank you for posting. I'll document these issues for further review by the engineering team.  You are correct that the Alt+Return is the default setting for your Show Thought Properties and interesting that the symbols do not appear in your screenshot.  I've tested locally and I do see ⌥ ⏎ for this setting.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software