kbunders
Hi, 
I'm confused. When I start the Brain 8 I get the message that an update (version 9.0.0.0) is available and that the Brain 8 is no longer supported. When I click 'update' I am redirected to a beta (!!) version 9.0.226.0. Should I update?? I don't want to abandon version 8 and trust my data to a beta. Also: version 9 navigation / usage is way to slow and clumsy (I kind of hate to use it).
Cheers, Koen
TheBrain 8.0.2.0a Pro Edition | Java 1.8.0 build 111 | Windows 10
Beta testing TheBrain 9
shatcher
Hi Koen,

TheBrain 9 is still in beta, but we hope to release the full version very soon. You can turn off the update notifier by going to your Preferences and unchecking the box next to "Check for major updates on startup".

Cheers, Sean
Brigitte
Hi Koen,

Even though v9 is still in beta, the v9 database is more stable and reliable than v8 ever was. Therefore, we put the best option on the main down download page. However, version 8 is still available and you can download it here: http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/oldversions.

Speed of the application is one of the many features we've been excited to improve upon. If you are still experiencing any slowness, please send us an email to support@thebrain. We are happy to schedule a web meeting to take a look at your machine.

Best regards,
Brigitte

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software