wordmuse
In TB8 attached images that are under 1,000 pixels across or tall show up as thumbnails in the attachments pane.  In TB9 they show up as icons of the app that opens them by default. I found it very useful to be able to see at a glance what images I had without having to click them.

do like that when I click an image, I can see a full preview of it. That's sweet. But if possible, I'd very much like to have the older behavior, too.

- Bal
mcaton
Bal,

The image preview (zoomable icons) should still be working in v9. What file type are you using? Care to upload a sample image?

Thanks,
Matt
wordmuse
Here are partial screenshots of what I am seeing.

[24] 
Here's the file in question.
weather2017-04-17_2-07-31.png 

Thoughts?

Bal
pthompson
Bal,

Perhaps we can make this minimized by default but, in the meantime, you can minimize it by clicking the arrow icon at the top-right of the attachment info:

Untitled.gif

Regarding showing a preview of the attachment as the attachment icon, I will write that up as a feature request.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
wordmuse
That's cool - I look forward to the change in default behavior. But that's still not what I am talking about. Another screen shot (this time from TB8) will clarify.

show-thebrain-forum-tb8-thumbnails.png    

This shows the list of images attached to a thought, and you can see at a glance some hint of what all of them are.  I use this capability all the time. And this is what seems to be missing from TB9.

- Bal
pthompson
Bal,

I understood it as two separate issues you brought up. I did address this one (#3756):

pthompson wrote: Regarding showing a preview of the attachment as the attachment icon, I will write that up as a feature request.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
wordmuse
Ahh - I missed that. Sorry - and thanks!
- Bal

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software