ikel
Hi,

Some of my thoughts contain >1000 words note. I noticed almost a second between pressing a key down and seeing it on the screen.

Creating a new line takes 2 seconds.

Does anyone have a tip on how to make editing snappier?

Thanks,
ikel
ikel
Found a solution, I lowered the screen res and worked better.
mcaton
I'm interested, what was your resolution before and after?

Thanks,
Matt
ikel
Hi,

Previously was 1920 x 1080, with plex and font scaling about 0.25 (from bottom), to 1377 x 768 at the same scaling.
Thanks.

Regards,
ikel
bot__bot
Just wanted to bump the post because i'm experiencing the problem as well. 

There's a noticeable lag when inputting text in the editor. 

It's not extreme (not like e.g. having to wait a full second for a letter you typed to appear in the note editor), but it's slow enough (maybe 0.2 second or so) to affect user experience.

My desktop resolution is also 1920 * 1080 for what it's worth. Windows 10. Dell XPS 15 latest model. IT worker so it's not an issue of virus/trojan affecting overall system performance, etc.

I can provide a screen recording if it's desired.

One thing that may perhaps provide a clue: the same lag exists if I load a webpage in the note editor area (dynalist.com, where I store some outlines) and try to edit text there. There is no lag if I input text into the Dynalist webapp in Chrome or Microsoft Edge, but there is a lag if I do so in TB's editor area.
ikel
@bot_bot,

What I did, I disabled curved link and text shadow for the plex. Then I lowered down res from 1920 x 1080 to 1366 x 768. It seemed to help. 
Keeping notes less than 1k lines seemed to help. Although I find it difficult to do so.

I my case, I had to wait full 1-2 seconds. After applying my workarounds, it is bearable.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software