bmac
It seems that PB4 takes longer and longer to start-up.  I have a 2 gHz centrino processor with 2 gigs of ram and a fast 7200 rpm 100 gig HD but it takes PB4 40 seconds to open.  Is this normal?

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Harlan
It all depends on what else your computer is doing and whether Java has been loaded before. If your computer has just booted, it is likely doing all sort of other initialization and thus 40 seconds would be very normal indeed. On the other hand, if your computer is not doing anything else and Java has been used at least once before, it could take as little as 4 seconds.

The startup time is mostly dependent on how long it takes your computer to load and initialize the Java runtime engine.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software