ratthing
I am running the latest greatest version of The Brain using the latest version of Oracle's Java.  Running on a Thinkpad T440 laptop, RedHat EL 6.6. 

Lately I have been getting a LOT of freezing, where TB would just freeze up for anywhere from 10 seconds to several minutes.  Extremely frustrating, to say the least. 

The output.log file didn't show anything unusual (at least to my eyes).  But it seemed to me that TB was either having memory issues, or networking issues. 

I edited the startup script /home/rlopez/TheBrain/TheBrain to give the JVM more memory on startup (256 MB) and more maximum memory to use (512 MB).  That didn't help.

I noticed I was also getting a lot of errors when TB was trying to sync with the cloud.  So I figured it had to be a networking issue.

The first thing I did was to enter in the IP address for webbrain.com into my /etc/hosts file, thus:

Code:
75.101.129.179    webbrain.com

Knock on wood, PROBLEM SOLVED!  The freezes seem to have gone away.  I am guessing that TB was freezing up when it was trying to initiate a sync, only because DNS lookup was taking too long, or failing altogether. 

Here's hoping this solution keeps working. 

Tracy
Ratthing,
Thanks for posting. Yes, there was a very temporary issue early this morning which has been resolved, so you should be all good now! [smile]
Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software