Jim
All paid up now, though I think I've been a bit over-zealous.

PB4 accepted my Licence key etc. but I assumed that when I clicked OK the dialogue would disappear and next time I went help>about... I would get the screen with my name this time included (still showing 9 days to expiry for me)

I also thought that help>upgrade to... would be shaded out.

Thus I thought that I had not registered. So I did it again. Never one to mess around, I did it a THIRD time and so got the message about my code now being flagged due to suspicious activity! Oops.

1. Please unflag my number.

2. Is this the way the process is meant to work? If so it's confusing and the customer would have no conviction that the product was actually their's, even if t had been registered on the database.

Cheers

Jim
Jim Hitch
English Language Services Limited
http://www.englishlanguageservices.co.uk
Harlan
Hi Jim,

First, thanks for registering. I have cleared serial number from suspicion.

Are you activating directly inside of PersonalBrain, or are you using the browser?

If you are using the browser, make sure you download the activation file and select it from within PersonalBrain.

If you are registering directly, after you enter your serial number and click OK, you should get a message that says "Registration succeed. Thank-you." (3rd image)

If you are registering through the browser, you should see a message that says "Activation successfully completed. Thank-you." (1st image)

After seeing either of these messages, you name will appear in the about dialog and the corner graphic will reflect your purchase. (2nd image)

If you continue to have trouble, please call us at 310-751-5000 and someone help you troubleshoot.
Regards,
-Harlan
Jim
Hi Harlan

I didn't register through my browser, because I wanted to see how it worked. I got the "Registration Succeeded" dialog, but, as I said, the PB4 Window still has me on the trial edition and help>about mentions not my name, but the free edition.

I know I can't register through the browser, but I'm not going to, so we can get this fixed.

Anyone else had this?

Jim

Jim Hitch
Harlan
Thanks for your help Jim.

I'm guessing that PB does not have sufficient privledges to save the registration information. It attempts to save this data to the PersonalBrain program folder in the subfolder "res".

I'll add a test to catch this problem before it happens in the future. In the meantime, can you check if this is indeed the problem?
Regards,
-Harlan
Jim
Yep, that was it.

I logged in as root, and it's all gone as planned.

Jim

Jim Hitch

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software