Underdog
This problem came out of the blue for one and only one brain I have been running in TB8 for years:

The Windows Explorer context menu entry Send To > TheBrain - <OpenBrain> is missing when this brain is open. If I switch to another brain, the menu entry is there, but switching back doesn't cure the problem. Neither does a reboot nor a re-installation of TB8.

I spotted this in the log file when this brain is loading up:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
  at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Unknown Source)
  at com.thebrain.personal.i.p.g(tkd:641)
  at com.thebrain.personal.i.p.c(tkd:130)
  at com.thebrain.personal.a.a.c.J(af:1719)
  at com.thebrain.personal.i.i.J(bjd:87)
  at com.thebrain.personal.i.y.J(knd:299)
  at com.thebrain.personal.view.vc.run(ned:2564)
  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
  at com.thebrain.personal.b.d.r.dispatchEvent(dgd:44)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Loading wallpaper: E:\MyBrains\Everything in my Head_brain\wallpaper.png
73643 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN com.thebrain.common.model.f - No thought found for id 808 SQL=SELECT Thoughts.id, Thoughts.name, cachedIconPath, cachedLabel, cachedColor, isType, iconPath, label, color, forgottenDateTime, ACType, cachedNotesCount, activationDateTime, displayModificationDateTime, creationDateTime, 0 dir FROM Thoughts WHERE brainId = ? AND id = ? AND deletedDateTime IS NULL

I will open a support ticket on this, but posted here for future reference for others.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

mcaton

Michael,

Thanks for posting. We received your full log file in support and we're reviewing now.

Matt

Underdog
Problem resolved.

As I suspected from the
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Unknown Source)

this had something to do with an orphaned event in the Calendar. After I deleted about 20 starting from the most recent, I re-opened the brain and "Send to" was created!
Oddly enough, I do not use the calendar anymore, but the most recent event listed was scheduled for today (!) at the time I opened the brain (!!) in a thought I have not accessed for years (!!!). After deleting this single auto-generated event, "Send to" was created and re-opening the brain did not cause the event to be generated again and, hence, "Sent to" was again created.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

mcaton
Michael,

Thank you for the happy update. Glad to hear that you figured this out and thank you for posting/sharing the solution.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software