unconnoisseur
I have at least one brain that, when I open it, has the "toggle expanded/normal mode" button greyed out.  My way of using pbrain these days is to toggle not infrequently between normal and expanded modes, depending on what I'm doing.  Therefore, being stuck in normal mode is killing me, though less than someone who only uses expanded mode.

What is causing this?  I've re-indexed and whatever else I could think of, but the syndrome remains.

Using 4.5.0.8 Pro.

-bc

jostber
Is that same as this one?

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2805127&highlight=greyed

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

unconnoisseur
As it turns out, yes, it is the same.  I was quite unaware that my version was now the non-beta free version.  I'm not sure how that happened; not with my involvement - that I know.

I'm a long-term licensed Pro user that often participates in betas.  It would seem there would be a way for a person to use pbrain as a pro user without ever losing that and to be a beta participant as well at times.  My license key shouldn't be in use and then disappear just because I've downloaded & installed a beta version.  Then when the beta version I'm using becomes released software, it should revert not to an unlicensed version, but to the Pro license I've always had.

If I seem to have any misconceptions, please correct me.  Thanks for the reference, jostber.  I'm back to being a non-beta Pro user again.  Is there no longer a beta running?

-bc

jostber
That license question is something for support@thebrain.com.

Regarding the beta question, this has not been answered yet:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2845486

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software