Cerebrum
When I click on the little hourglass in Thought Properties, I get a list of changes to that thought.
For some thoughts, the list is quite long. 

What am I supposed to do with the list? For example, I see that a year ago on December 7, 2016 there's "Changed note" but I can't see the changes and I can't revert to a previous version of the thought. Actually, I don't really care what the changes were a year ago.

What is the point of tracking changes forever? 

What do the colors mean? I see grey, pink and purple, with three shades of each, along with white. 

Harlan
The history is for informational purposes only. You need not look at it if it is not useful to you. History track back since you started using version 9.

Colors are based on the time of day the change was made at. Changes at night are dark, changes midday are white.
Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
Although it is not obvious to me how the history could be useful after a few days, I must be missing something. What is the main benefit that users are deriving from the long-term history?

Also, it seems that a lot of work went into the colors: Nine shades of color, plus white, just to display when a thought was changed, in addition to viewing the date/time. Seems to me that this would be more useful if there was a way of viewing changes for all thoughts to see if there was some kind of pattern in editing thoughts. Alternatively, the change data could be exported if someone is wondering about early-morning changes vs. late-afternoon changes.

One more thing: History displays the user. Is TB9 now available as part of TeamBrain?
mcaton
TeamBrain is available and is a great example of looking at the long term history of a Thought. I have used it on occasion for individual Thoughts, just to see if my document (attached to Thought) was attached before or after a certain known event.

And the colors do correspond with the time of day.  Its very interesting in some of my TeamBrains to see when some users typically modify content [smile]  Nothing available right now to capture those patterns as you've mentioned, but it's an interesting idea.

Matt
Cerebrum
Harlan wrote: History track back since you started using version 9.Is there a way of getting rid of the history? I really don't need a list of all the changes that I've ever made. The modification log makes the database about 5 times bigger and it makes importing a backup file much slower. I think that it also makes syncing slower.

Is lifetime history some kind of enterprise-level requirement?
mcaton
Cerebrum,

Clearing the Thought history.  I'll document this as a feature request. 

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software