mbaas
  • I found Frans' compilation of shortcuts was very useful, especially as there currently is no "full" V4-doc.
  • BUT I don't "like" some of the shortcuts and would wish they were more "compatible" to other software I use. Example: MindManager uses "Ins" to insert a child, PB uses F6. Not only do I find Ins more "intuitive", I always mix the two now
    So I'd like to suggest making these entirely configureable, so each user could adjust them to his own settings.
  • I would like to have a kbd-shortcut to set focus to the Notes-Window (in tabbed display, it should also bring that Tab to the front).
  • Also shortcuts to set the focus to Pins or History and subsequently allow cursor-navigation to select a new thought would be very nice.
  • Keyboard-navigation in general would also be useful. It is probably difficult to do that right in all possible complex cases, but even something like "Arrow up=Goto (leftmost) Parent", "Arrow left/right=Goto next visible sibling", "Arrow down=Goto Leftmost child" could be very handy

Harlan
The full V4 doc is coming very soon. It is currently in editing...

PB actually uses both F6 and the Insert key as shortcuts for adding child thoughts.

F5 sets focus to the notes window

Keyboard navigation is also planned for the near future.

mbaas wrote:
  • I found Frans' compilation of shortcuts was very useful, especially as there currently is no "full" V4-doc.
  • BUT I don't "like" some of the shortcuts and would wish they were more "compatible" to other software I use. Example: MindManager uses "Ins" to insert a child, PB uses F6. Not only do I find Ins more "intuitive", I always mix the two now
    So I'd like to suggest making these entirely configureable, so each user could adjust them to his own settings.
  • I would like to have a kbd-shortcut to set focus to the Notes-Window (in tabbed display, it should also bring that Tab to the front).
  • Also shortcuts to set the focus to Pins or History and subsequently allow cursor-navigation to select a new thought would be very nice.
  • Keyboard-navigation in general would also be useful. It is probably difficult to do that right in all possible complex cases, but even something like "Arrow up=Goto (leftmost) Parent", "Arrow left/right=Goto next visible sibling", "Arrow down=Goto Leftmost child" could be very handy

Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Cool, thank you - there are exciting updates ahead, I' looking forward to these

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software