westbroek
If I find that a particular train of thought requires a new brain, is it possible to take that train of thought and start/im-export/copy-and-paste a new brain with it?
Harlan
Not yet unfortunately, but are planning to enable this in a future release. For now, the best thing to do would be to make a copy of your Brain (by copying the .brain file and _brain folder), then delete a portion of the copy. (You could detach everything you don't need, then use the Edit > Crawl function to select it all).
Regards,
-Harlan
gcoulthard
Last week I requested a similar feature under "Hoisting..." a branch of one brain to export as a new brain. Harlan recommended a series of similar steps. Given that this is a relatively common user requirement (my assumption), perhaps Harlan and Shelley could produce a quick screen movie demonstrating these steps. Then, until an "export to new brain" command is implemented, they could point people to this movie FAQ.

Just an idea (that would certainly help me <grin>,
Glen

Harlan
Glen, I'll ask one someone to look into this. You can also join PB101 and ask for a demonstration of this live.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software