randystokes
I see lots of "complaints" about problems for those who have upgraded to one of the 4.5 RCs.  I'm wondering if these problems are being experienced by a majority of users, or if -- as often happens -- what we're seeing is lots of (legitimate) complaints from a small handful of users.  That is, are most people happily using the latest 4.5 RC without problems, with only a relative handful having problems, or are the problems much more common and widespread?

As you can guess, I'm considering whether it's time to move from 4.1.3.6 to the latest 4.5 RC.  Any thoughts, recommendations, etc.?  If it matters, I'm on a Dell laptop with Windows XP SP2 and 2GB of RAM.  I basically use one large Brain with around 11,000 thoughts.

Randy

Spacenexus
Randy

I upgraded from 4136 a couple of weeks ago and am currently using 4508. I'm not experiencing any problems, all the performance issues i was experiencing with 4136 are solved and there's some cool new features to boot.

It took me several months to move on from 4136 but i'd say it's a solid move now, no worries.

Needless to say, i did a full second backup of entire brain and do daily no attachment brainzips.

Hope that helps.

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing TB9015 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Shiiko
Randy,

On 4.5.0.8., 3478 thoghts, XP, 1GB ram.   I think that this very last version is the best of all.   Hard to tell how it works on other systems, but all things being equal (to mine), I'd jump straight ahead.

BHurd
I don't know that this is exactly an answer to your question but I download the newest version of the beta just as soon as the little reminder pops up (or sooner if I am on the forums) and load it up use it.  To date I have only had one experience where I have had to 'downgrade' to the previous version in order to keep on working without fear.

I would guess that even those 'complainers', if you will, are happily using their brains but are busy helping the developers work out the kinks.  I will frequently just sit back and use the latest brain and let the go getters point out the stuff that needs fixing (some stuff I notice, some I don't and occasionally I find something that needs fixing).

Go ahead, do it, have no fear...

Darkstar

I've been using 4.5 for a while. I'm running 4.5.0.8 at the moment, and it's very good (other then the little issue I just reported). The Brain is very good about responding quickly to most issues.

-Darkstar
jataylor
Randy,

Jump in! Climb Aboard!

This release is very stable; the best yet!

I use one large Brain (just passed 19,000 thoughts), am running a Dell laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, 2GB of RAM and have had no problems with the 4.5 release.

I run the program all day long, keeping it open on one monitor, while I have Firefox, Outlook, and Word open on another monitor.  There has been no drag of resources, performance has been excellent, and my productivity continues to skyrocket.

John A. Taylor
PB Pro 6
Win XP, Win 7
jostber
The 4508 seems to be the official release now?

http://www.thebrain.com/#-53

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

zenrain
Ha, looks like it!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar

Won't it expire? It was a beta RC. Or do the RC versions not have an expiration date?

-Darkstar

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software