sibleyd
I often end up having a bunch of attachments to a single thought.

I may have the original document and then several revisions of the document.

I will usually have the document in both doc and pdf. 

I very likely will have a series of emails sending it to various people

I may have multiple fax transmission receipts.

I may also have email responses or letter responses.

Sometimes, I end up with 20 or even more attachments to a single thought 

It would be useful to be able to arrange the attachments in a structured manner (like a collapsible outline)

Yes, the attachments could be broken into related sub thoughts, but I think it is generally best and quickest to have all the attachments related to a single document in one thought. Making an analogy to my brain, all these attachments really are a single "thought." 

sibleyd
It just occurred to me that I could possibly achieve the result with a little difficulty by opening the attachment folder and creating subfolders. I have never done this being not sure whether this would mess up the brain. Would this be a permissible practice? 
sibleyd
I am suggesting opening the attachment folder using the brain "show in explorer" feature not opening the folder entirely outside the brain. 
Harlan
Yes, version 9 added support folders inside of thoughts, including sync of the content therein. You will lose the ability to preview the items inside of the folders within TheBrain however.
Regards,
-Harlan
sibleyd
Thanks

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software