sibleyd
I often end up having a bunch of attachments to a single thought.

I may have the original document and then several revisions of the document.

I will usually have the document in both doc and pdf. 

I very likely will have a series of emails sending it to various people

I may have multiple fax transmission receipts.

I may also have email responses or letter responses.

Sometimes, I end up with 20 or even more attachments to a single thought 

It would be useful to be able to arrange the attachments in a structured manner (like a collapsible outline)

Yes, the attachments could be broken into related sub thoughts, but I think it is generally best and quickest to have all the attachments related to a single document in one thought. Making an analogy to my brain, all these attachments really are a single "thought." 

sibleyd
It just occurred to me that I could possibly achieve the result with a little difficulty by opening the attachment folder and creating subfolders. I have never done this being not sure whether this would mess up the brain. Would this be a permissible practice? 
sibleyd
I am suggesting opening the attachment folder using the brain "show in explorer" feature not opening the folder entirely outside the brain. 
Harlan
Yes, version 9 added support folders inside of thoughts, including sync of the content therein. You will lose the ability to preview the items inside of the folders within TheBrain however.
Regards,
-Harlan
sibleyd
Thanks
metta
+1 for the option to sort (list) attachments by type

@sibleyd: Would this feature request at least partially meet your need?

This would provide a simple form of organizational structure while retraining the option of previewing the attachments.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software