metta Show full post »
rustyedges
while massively improved (happens much less often) since the announcement of fix, I do still occasionally have notes get stuck.  Windows 10 Pro, TB9.0.239
metta
Same here. Win7 * TB9 (v239)
mcaton
Thank you for the update Rusty and Metta.  Please send a new Output.log file (and video if possible) our way the next time you see the "stuck note" in the current build.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Will do.

FWIW, Matt, the incidents have been few and far between. In my case, they also resolve almost immediately by simply navigating away from the stuck note and then returning to it.
metta
Running TB9 (v240) on Win7

Stuck note showed up again, right after updating to v240.

Resolved quickly after navigating off the stuck note.

See attached output log, screenshot and video.

As you'll see below, "Search" is the active thought, but the parent thought notes are displaying. Click image for larger version - Name: StuckNote.png, Views: 48, Size: 533.79 KB
metta

Matt,

I also just now had WebRoot white-list the newest (v240) release of TB9. Here's their most recent feedback:

"We have white-listed the unknown process for the Brain.exe file which SecureAnywhere had been monitoring on your system. I've gotten the guys in the Threat team to try add more rules too. Hopefully our database will update that file and mark it as good with the next release."

Will let you know if the stuck notes continue and/or if additional WebRoot white-listing is needed on future releases.

metta
Matt,

Just now received this additional feedback from WebRoot: "It's a matter of finding common signatures in the program itself in all the releases. We've added a rule to help out and hopefully that will sort."

I also suggested that WebRoot contact you directly to see if there's anything that can be done at TB end to provide the "common signatures" WebRoot is looking for.

Hope this helps.
dlorde
Having just transferred my brain from v8 to v9 and undertaking a major tidy-up and refresh of notes and links, I'm regularly encountering the 'stuck notes' problem, and it's not always resolved by just navigating away and back to the thought with the rogue stuck note once; sometimes it sticks until I edit another thought. This issue is particularly troubling because the instinctive response to an unexpected or inappropriate note on a thought is to delete it - which deletes it from the thought to which it correctly applies.

It seems to happen more when I have 'update on hover' selected, but that's probably because I have it selected most of the time when tidying up.

I've also noticed note indicators occasionally appearing on inactive thoughts where I didn't expect to see notes. When I hover over or click on the thought, the note indicator sometimes disappears, but sometimes I see the stuck note, which seems to suggest the system actually associates the note with the wrong/another thought, temporarily.
mcaton
Dav,

Can you let us know which version of TheBrain 9 you are running? I would recommend that you update your build to the Alpha channel for the latest releases. 

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

Mac OS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

The latest build is 9.0.241 - please let us know if this version has the same results.

Thank you,
Matt Caton

metta
FWIW, it looks like this white listing issue has now been completely resolved since there were none of the previous speed or performance issues following the 2 most recent brain updates.
dlorde
mcaton wrote:
Dav,

Can you let us know which version of TheBrain 9 you are running? I would recommend that you update your build to the Alpha channel for the latest releases. 

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

Mac OS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

The latest build is 9.0.241 - please let us know if this version has the same results.

Thank you,
Matt Caton

Apologies for the delay in response; I've now updated to 9.0.245, and briefly navigating around the plex I haven't noticed the problems I was having, and it seems a lot faster and smoother.

I'll get back with further news when I've done some serious editing...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software