mctrexler
These have both been issues in the past, but it's been a while.  Suddenly noticing that:

1: I cannot copy text from Explorer into a new Brain thought.  In the past when this was an issue I've been able to copy from Explorer to Word, and from there into the Brain.  But right now I can't copy from Word into the Brain either.

2:  I can't drag and drop Outlook emails into the Brain.

Using 8.0.2 and Java 8.0.51 with Windows 7, so everything is current. 

Mark
pthompson
Mark,

For copying and pasting, it sounds like we may need to do a web meeting with you to go over this.

Regarding dragging and dropping from outlook:

First, please make sure you are using both the 32-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain OR the 64-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain. Both applications need to be the same bit-version or drag and drop will not work. If they are both the same and the issue still exists, this usually indicates a problem with your redemption.dll, usually caused when Outlook is still running during the installation of TheBrain. This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

In Outlook, go to: File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ... and select the redemption.dll file that, typically, resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin
mctrexler
Patrick, reinstalling Brain didn't help. Went through the DLL addition process a couple of times and it seems to have taken.  Thanks. 

Re the copying and pasting, an additional data point:

If I paste from Word or an email into the Brain Notes field, then I can copy and paste from the Notes field into a thought.  But I can't copy and paste directly from Word or an email into a thought. Happy to do a web meeting if that helps.  As noted this has happened before (as with the problem of a gray screen when copying a thought icon), that pops up with new Brain releases, and then eventually goes away.

Mark
CaptainJustice
pthompson wrote: Mark,

If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

In Outlook, go to: File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ... and select the redemption.dll file that, typically, resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin

Did that for Outlook 2016. Upon adding Redemption64.dll Outlook says it is not a valid Outlook add-in. And I am running the 64bit version of TB. 

--
The Cap'n
pthompson
Outlook 2016 will not currently work. It is a known issue.
CaptainJustice
CaptainJustice wrote: pthompson wrote: Mark,

If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

Did that for Outlook 2016. Upon adding Redemption64.dll Outlook says it is not a valid Outlook add-in. And I am running the 64bit version of TB. 

Dumb me. My Outlook is 32 bit. Added redemption. DLL and now drag and drop works w/ 32 bit brain. 64 bit combo does not work. 
--
The Cap'n

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software