Underdog
Since the Views Collapse All and Expand All are fundamentally toggles, wouldn't it make sense to define a single shortcut for this toggle?

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

mcaton
Michael,

Thanks for posting.  Expand All is Ctrl+0 and Collapse All is set to Ctrl+9 by default.  The reason that they have 2 different settings is because you can expand or collapse multiple generations when you are in Outline or Mind Map view.  The more you click, the more generations/levels you expand/collapse.

Thank you,
Matt
Underdog
Ah, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to conceive! 😆

I retract my suggestion now, because I made it while experiencing these commands and shortcuts only in Normal View. Here the commands View, Expand/Collapse All as well as their corresponding shortcuts Ctrl+0/9 act only on one generation and thus are, essentially, toggles. You can also see this behavior with the + and - buttons (straddling the Layout button) in the tool bar. In Normal View, you can only click on each of these once, then they will become inactive!

In Outline/MindMap Views, the menu commands, shortcuts and +/- buttons behave as you describe, Matt, but then the menu description of the commands is misleading. Doesn't All mean "all" and not just some or one generation? In contrast to the menu and shortcuts' text for these commands, the tool tip on mouse-over describes these functions correctly, regardless of View.

My new suggestion is simply to change the Menu Text for these commands to, for example, "Collapse one generation" or "Collapse one gen." for short, so that it is correct for all Views and doesn't mislead the user.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Harlan
Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software