pshanks

[V9.0.111.0]

OK, I finally got my mega Brain up to WebBrain last night.

My challenge now is I'm getting a "Sync Failed: Error retrieving Remote Sync File" when I try to retrieve that mega Brain on my Mac.

I even tried a few small Brains and there error also happened

Mac Output log
log Output.log     

Thanks,
~ Pat

TheBrain 10.0.30.0, iOS V9.1.2
Windows 10 (V1809), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.14.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

pshanks
[V9.0.111.0]

Here is another example trying to retrieve from my windows machine.

Windows Output Log

log Output.log     

Harlan
Hi Pat,

I'm not sure why it is timing out for you. It could be a network issue. We are going to be adding more feedback information so it is easier to understand and troubleshoot what is happening during the remote data preparation and download.

In the meantime, if you have physical access to both machines, it may be easiest for you to backup to a BRZ file and transfer it physically to the second machine, then use the online sync process going forward. That way you avoid the need to transfer the entire 3 GB over the wire.

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

[V9.0112.0]

Harlan,
This is also true for smaller Brains, so it's not limited to my Mega Brain.

Here is a log for a smaller Brain.

log Output.log     

Thanks,

~ Pat

pshanks

[V9.0.113.0]

I went to http://preview.webbrain.com and deleted this small Brain that I uploaded before.
I then went to V8 and changed the GUID on this Brain, and re-imported to V9 (windows).
I then did a sync of this Brain and it uploaded Ok.

I went to my Mac and tried to download this new version and still get "Sync Failed: Error retrieving Remote Sync File"

I've attached the new Output.log file.

log Output.log     

Thanks,

~ Pat

Harlan
Hi Pat,

We're going to be making some changes on the server side shortly that will help us track down what is going wrong. Once they are done, I will let you know so you can try again. At that point we will need you to post a new output.log file. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Give it a try now please Pat. It's possible it is fixed.
Regards,
-Harlan
danlandrum
All sync issues appear to have been resolved. Yay! It is so fast that at first I didn't think it was working. Thanks. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Harlan
[biggrin]
Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

[V9.0.115.0]

I'm still getting "Sync Failed: Error retrieving Remote Sync File" for one of my smaller Brains.

I've tried it a couple of times.

Thanks,

~ Pat

log Output.log     

Harlan
Hi Pat,

Looking at your log file, it looks like the brain you were trying with has ~1,700 thoughts and you are trying to download it for the first time on a different machine. The entire preparation is completing on the server side only for the download to fail.

I'm not sure what is unusual about your situation... I uploaded and download a copy of the brain you sent us successfully. Coincidentally, I was even in Edmonton last week and I verified it from there.

To clarify exactly what is happening, please answer the following questions:

1. Are you getting that error for every brain you try?
2. Did it ever work for your large brain?
3. How about a really small test brain with only a few thoughts?
4. Have you ever been able to download a brain from the cloud using the desktop? If so, when was the last time it worked for you?

I'm sure it is frustrating that it still isn't working for you. I do want to get this resolved for you ASAP and am sorry it's taken so much back and forth.

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

Hey Harlan,

You where in Edmonton and you didn't buy us a beer!!! Going to have to take my software business else where [biggrin]

Answers to your questions:
1. Are you getting that error for every brain you try? - No
2. Did it ever work for your large brain? - No (Output log attached tried today)
3. How about a really small test brain with only a few thoughts? - Got small brains to work
4. Have you ever been able to download a brain from the cloud using the desktop? If so, when was the last time it worked for you? - Tried today with a 1 thought Brain

I tried to download my Mega Brain this morning, no joy.

log Pat-MegaBrain-Output.log     

The other Brain that I can't see to download is my MasterMindMatrix.
It uploaded Ok to WebBrain using Windows client.
I have uploaded a copy of that today to TheBrain Hightail account for testing.

log MasterMindMatrix-Output.log     

Harlan
Hi Pat,

Thanks for all the information and for sharing your data. We are working on getting this sorted out for you and others who are still having trouble with sync.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Hi Pat,

If adjusted some things on the server and was able to downloaded a Brain with over 250,000 thoughts in it without any issue. Prior attempts had resulted in errors although not the same as yours. Can you give it a try and see if it perchance fixed the problems you were having also? Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

Harlan,

2016/10/01-9:30am MST

I tried the MasterMindMatrix and still got errors.
log MasterMindMatrix-Output.log     

I'm working on my Mega Brain and will post that in a few minutes.

~ Pat

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software