Visnet
since this week I am getting an error on "Sync failed: Error retrieving Remote Sync file.

I am attaching the log file here. the line errorring I can find is:

2017-01-31 09:33:44.1435 | ERROR | TheBrain.Client.ClientSyncManager | [418] GetServerSyncDeltaChunk failed totalBytesTransferred: 4194304. Error: HTTP Response - 500 - InternalServerError

this is happening on one of the two clients I have active, the other seems to work fine, but is never retreiving the last updates.

Thanks,

Wim
mcaton
Wim,

Thanks for sharing.  Odd that it's happening on one of two machines.  I'll document and inform the development team.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Wim,

Thanks for posting. I've shared your log with the development team for further review.  Odd that this is happening on one of two machines!  We'll review.

Thanks,
Matt
johanlund
I've had this issue for much longer...
Visnet
mcaton wrote: Wim,

Thanks for posting. I've shared your log with the development team for further review.  Odd that this is happening on one of two machines!  We'll review.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

I am not sure if this was odd. I was working on the machine where the error occurs, did some typing in notes as far it was workable and added a few attachments to a new thought I created. I then noticed the error, so it might be related to the new though somehow? I am just guessing, but maybe this helps your team to trace the issue?

Wim
johanlund
Additional logs and info in this thread: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/8396655
Visnet
Matt,

Did you change something on the back-end? Just now I checked - had TB9 active in the background the whole day - on the machine generating the error and syncs proceeded again like normal? Will check later if the other machine will receive the update, guessing it will [biggrin]

Thanks!

Wim
mcaton
Wim,

Changes on the server are happening pretty regularly now.  I'll check with the team to see if they believe this issue is fixed.  Please keep us posted on your end.

Thanks,
Matt
Visnet
new thought came in on the other brain fine. Made some changes to the same new thought and it synched correctly this morning to the office pc. So no issue here anymore.
pthompson
Wim,

Thanks for the update. Great to hear.
Xavier
Hello,

I have the same problem : "Sync failed: Error retrieving Remote Sync file".

The log mentionned : TheBrain.Client.ClientSyncManager | [418] GetServerSyncDeltaChunk failed totalBytesTransferred: 4194304. Error: HTTP Response - 500 - InternalServerError

I am attaching the log file.

I have one client and access webbrain online. I never retreiving the last updates online.

Thanks,

Xavier
Xavier
MSI.nc
http://www.msi.nc
---
Windows 10
TheBrain 9.0.236.0 / TheBrain 8.0.2.2
Pro License
mcaton
Xavier,

Thanks for posting.  Although it's now working for others, we're still tracking this issue.  Thank you for sharing the logs.

Matt
Visnet
mcaton wrote: Xavier,

Thanks for posting.  Although it's now working for others, we're still tracking this issue.  Thank you for sharing the logs.

Matt

Matt,

Was not able to respond earlier. Last Friday I did more or less the same action: created a new thought, added some notes and added several (more then one) attachments. Since then I am getting the same error. Still on my Windows 7 office PC. I used the same PC in my home network, no difference. I am adding the log of this morning to this post, hoping it will help.

Another issue raised as well on the same brain: I am in the process of installing a new laptop for home use. this weekend I started to install TB9 on this computer and wanted to sync my brains. One - very simple - brain worked fine, but my production brain (the same generating this error) refuses to be imported. As far I can see, the export from server side processes all attachment and is transferring files to the laptop. Once the counter for transferring reaches 99% (or finishes even?) an error is reported: "Failed: Unknown error occurred".

This is starting to look like a show stopper for me....

Wim
mcaton
Wim,

What type of file are you importing from on this new machine?  A .brz or v8 .brainzip?  Or just syncing the online version?  I should be able to test in our latest build with your sample Brain that we have on file.

Thanks,
Matt
Xavier
Hello Matt,

In my case, I just syncing with the online version! Do you have a solution to resolve my problem with Sync failed?

Thanks,
Xavier
Xavier
MSI.nc
http://www.msi.nc
---
Windows 10
TheBrain 9.0.236.0 / TheBrain 8.0.2.2
Pro License

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software