steve0464

(Also sent to Support email, copied here for archiving to help others.)

Hi, I'm getting a Sync Failed in Cloud error on all my devices and brains. I have tried deleting and starting new brains, and have tried deleting and reinstalling all the apps, starting from scratch and still getting the same error. With the new brains, they won’t even upload to the cloud. Also attempted on three different networks with the same result.

Can you help troubleshoot this issue?

Brain: 10.0.25.0
iMac Pro on High Sierra

Thanks,

PragueBob
I am having exactly the same problem, this started with my Brain 9 brain about 20 hours ago (9:30 p.m. Prague time), I upgraded to Brain 10, but the problem remains. I reported it on Twitter  https://twitter.com/PragueBob/status/1060162478762586117 and also through support email! I also want to know if the Android app will still work with my now "upgraded" Brain 10 brain, I couldn't find any newer app in Google Play.

Pro License on Windows 8.1
Version 10.0.25.0
mbaas
Same here, I had it 8hrs ago and still have it...
I guessif it fails in the cloud, it will need fixing in the cloud, so we'll have to wait for the engineers to do their bit...
mcaton
Yes, we did have an unexpected outage this morning which has temporarily disabled sync.  We should be up and running again very soon.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Sync issues have been resolved.  Thank you everyone for your patience.

Matt
steve0464
Working now, thanks!
khalilgdoura
The issue is here, again. "preparing remote data.." hanging. I can't sync my brains since x hours, and therefore, I can't continue using TheBrain on my mobile devices because of my outdated brains. Kindly fix this annoying issue for good... Thanks. 
p.s. I am using the latest version available 10.0.25.0. Same thing with the latest 9 verison. 
mcaton

Khalil,

Thanks for posting. We have not had any server outages today and sync should be working.  If there is/was no error message, it may just mean that your sync is in the queue or is still processing.  Due to yesterday's outage, we've had an influx of sync traffic which results in slower syncs, but again, no outages. To be sure, you can always click on Help > Open Log Directory in the desktop app and send a copy of your Output.log file into support@thebrain.com for further review.

Thank you,
Matt

khalilgdoura
Thanks for your clarifications, Matt. 

Sadly, the queue looks to be too long : till now, my software is still "preparing remote data".... this becomes really frustrating. If it was a very large file to be synced through Dropbox & co, the process might be finished since yesterday. 

In my humble opinion, why not integrating universal cloud services for a little more flexibility. Now we totally depend on those servers lags which continue to impact me at least after 48h. Today, I am just unable to present my brain to a client since all information I added last two days is not synced. 

If there is any way to manually sync data, links, etc. please advise. This is really critical. 
Thanks.
khalilgdoura
p.s. in case of the reported issue is still being experienced by anyone, try choosing "Start Over" instead of "resume.." after resetting the software, otherwise, syncing can be stuck. 
PaddyVA
Had the sync problem on my iOS devices last couple of days.  In Apple Apps Store, found that there was a "Brain Tech" app (not the Brain Legacy one, which is for Brain ver 8) that wasn't downloaded, although all my app updates showed complete.  After downloading the Brain Tech app, my iOS brains now sync; it wrote over my previous Brain installation, didn't have to delete it first.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software