schulze
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to sync a brain version 9 and keep getting the message "An attachment path is too long" etc.
When I try to generate the "paths to trim" report, I get an empty results window.
I should add I got results yesterday made sure to forget and delete these thoughts (not really a solution, though). I still can't sync without any visible reason.
I would have uploaded screenshots, but 80%  of my "localized" German browser window is what looks like Spanish, which I don't speak.
Anybody with an idea?

Thanks for your help.
J.
metta
Here are links to 2 related discussions:
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/brain-v9-cant-sync-to-server-with-large-attachment-filenames-9490810
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/length-of-thought-attachment-name-is-limited-8439655?

Don't know if this will help or not (since this may be a support issue), but I thought I'd share them just in case....
zenrain
Reports > Change the top dropdown (Thoughts) to By Attachments and set the Type to Paths to Trim.
This should allow you to find the files with the issues so you can resolve the problem.

(I did check the linked threads but didn't see this info in them)
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
schulze
Thanks metta and zenrain,
Unfortunately, none of your answers seems to be a way out.
@metta: I read both discussions and I think they address the correct problem but there is no solution there.
@zenrain: This is exactly what I did the first time (yesterday). The report contained one thought with a copy of an internet page with a long name attached to it. I deleted both the html attachment and the containing thought (to play safe). I made sure I "forgot" and "deleted" both. They're gone. Same error message, but this time with an empty reports window and no more paths to trim. There's something mysterious going on here... Perhaps I should open a "Voodoo" discussion topic.
By the way: Am I the only one who gets a partly Spanish user interface on this site, even though language is either set to English or German? Click on "Escribe una respuesta..." to answer. I am clicking "Publicacione" now.
zenrain
I would email support with a copy of the output.log (Help > Open Log Directory) right after you try a sync and get the error.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
@schulze ~

Looks like you are not alone in dealing with language/translation issues, either, so this may be one more issue to review with support:
> http://forums.thebrain.com/post/an-old-friend-wrong-language-in-the-calendar-4769-9674925

There are also additional reports here in the forum about issues with Chinese data entry, but they apply to notes and web links, not TB interface itself, as far as I can tell.
schulze
Thanks again to both of you.
I will try to get the problem resolved with a asupport ticket.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software