vmilhoan
I just upgraded to Cloud Services to upgrade to be able to sync to the Android app. I synced my brain from the Windows desktop application and it shows that it is up-to-date. When I try to sync to Android, it made about 60% progress and then quickly showed an error message. After that, it went back to the main screen on the app.

When I click the brain title again (hoping to try the sync) it shows "Sync already running" message and I can't see progress or any details.

I am a bit concerned that the size of my brain is causing issues here - not sure if everything in TB gets downloaded to the app?
mcaton
Victoria,

Thanks for letting us know.  I'll share this with the engineers tomorrow and we can review further.  What email address or User Login are you syncing under (you can send that info to me at support@thebrain.com or Private Message me) We'll take a look at the server see if we can resolve or plan our next steps from there.

Thank you,
Matt
vmilhoan
As a data point, I can get through synchornizing to where it says "Exported xxxx/4015 attachment files"

The statistics of my brain shows 13.42GB in internal file attachments.
Harlan
Hi Victoria. The ability to sync very large brains to mobile clients is not working with the current Android release. The next release, hopefully out sometime next week, will address this.

Starting with the next release, both the Android and iOS clients will sync your entire brain except for file attachments. This will make your brain take up much less space on your mobile device. When you tap to open an attachment, it will be downloaded once and kept local for later use. 
Regards,
-Harlan
vmilhoan
Perfect! Thanks for the update and I look forward to testing out the next release!
sibleyd
 I am getting the described behavior again. It seems to be downloading attachments. It uses the word "exporting" then when near completion it gives an error and crashes
vmilhoan
The new Android app appeared on Play Store for me today. I can now sync my very large brain. Thanks!
sibleyd
Yeah, mt brain synched on to my Android phone. Don't know what changed. 

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software